INQUIRY: Bluestone Herpetoculture - The "Lava" Ball - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-14-2004, 08:22 PM   #1
screamdreams
INQUIRY: Bluestone Herpetoculture - The "Lava" Ball

Just curious if anyone has done business with them. They've been posting a $3,000 Lava Ball.

Quote:
Her genetics are undetermined, her mother is a 17 year old normal who was never bred and housed with a red-tail boa. There's a possibility that this is the first parthenogenetic ball python clutch, I'm going to have blood work done. I was saving this huge mother for my pastel, but one day I found her wrapped around a clutch of 9 viable eggs. 3 died with head deformities (old mother), 0.1 was "Lava" and the remaining 3.2 are normals. I have a lot more pics for those interested at the link below. By the way, Lava is the best eater in her clutch, F/T mice for her first meal and every one thereafter.
What through me was the "housed with a red-tail boa".

Any feedback?? Below is a pic of the Lava
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2004, 08:46 PM   #2
gmherps
Troy,
You were reading my mind man!

Old 11-15-2004, 08:18 AM   #3
Jeff Woods
I have done lizard business with the in the past. They gave accurate desriptions and quick service.

Jeff Woods

Old 11-15-2004, 03:09 PM   #4
evansnakes
I have at least 3 females that look just like that and have seen many farmed babies that are like it as well. At the NARBC show in Phily this weekend, Ian G had about 6 animals like that he was selling as abherant/striped animals for $50-100 each. They have been bred and nobody to my knowledge has ever produced anything of note from them. Evan Stahl

Old 11-15-2004, 08:09 PM   #5
reptilebreeder
This is one of the reason's I've not gotten into BP. I mean Piebalds, and some of the other morphs are awesome looking, but some seem to be not to different from regular BP. People take a BP with the littlest aberrancy and give it some random name and bunp up the price. Can you even buy a normal BP anymore?

Old 11-15-2004, 09:50 PM   #6
evansnakes
You are right and I agree but people also are doing the same with boas, leopard geckos, bearded dragons and many other animals. To lay it solely on the people who sell ball pythons is unfair.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:34 PM   #7
NEWReptiles
I have feedback....ITS A NORMAL.

Just the way I see it anyway.

Old 11-16-2004, 03:06 PM   #8
BlueStone
Screamdreams- Big Mama, the mother of this clutch, was a pet of a friend of the family for 16 years, and she wanted to get rid of her snakes and I wanted to breed ball pythons, so she gave us her 2500g female ball python, and its roommate, the red-tail. She hadn't eaten in over a year, so I put her in a rack system instead of the 75 gallon aquarium so I could better control her environment and maybe get her to eat. Apparently that cycled her. If you have any questions about Lava, feel free to ask. bluestoneherp@yahoo.com

Jeff- thank you for the kind words.

Evan-May I see pics of your females that look like her?

ReptileBreeder-"Lava" is this individual animal's name. If somebody wants the opportunity to work with potentially proving out a new morph, and they're willing to pay the money, that's great. If not, I'm just as happy keeping her.

NEWReptiles-I guess time will tell.

She's described accurately as what she is, I don't feel as though we're trying to rip anybody off. The pictures speak for themselves and that's what she's worth to us. Thank you all for your interest.

Kevin and Kaleo
Bluestone Herp

Old 11-17-2004, 08:25 AM   #9
Sand&SunReptile
Eh, so her neck pattern is connected...
Did you also incinuate (spelling has to be wrong on that) that that animal may be partly red tail boa?
I think it is a normal, no question. I think you are trying to sucker a new comer into buying this. Many new people, trying to get into the business will jump on something, slightly different, because they have seen all these mostly normal looking animals produce things. Yellowbellies dont have much of an appearance which makes it a morph, but they made ivories.
I think you need to advertise this as it is, a normal.

Old 11-17-2004, 08:47 AM   #10
Jeff Woods
So what are all these morphs anyway. I breed for color in my leopard. If I have a baby that is bright orange instead of yellow. I keep and breed to him and breed back unitl I get what I want. It's done with dogs, cats, gerbils, every other animal known to man that I can imagine.

Other than buying a gecko from these guys, I don't know them from adam.

What I do know is:

That snake is NOT the same color as a normal
The pattern is more distinct than a normal

That being said, where do the caramels, pastels, and other variations come from. Half of the pastels I have ever seen look like normals but bleached out a bit.

I always that some one found an aberration and bred for it until it bred true??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!