baby eye came out - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
ace9916
baby eye came out

Hello all

I have a rather odd question. I gave my friend one of my baby beardies that i purchased from someone else.( No one on here don't worry) But last night he called me and told me that the baby was in his tank and all of a sudden it started having a spaz attack and twitching then its eye came out. He sent me a pic but I couldn't really make it out. He claims that its was all red and hanging. I told him to bring it to me so i can see it since i'v never seen this before. I'v had dragons for little over 5 years now and several different morphs. But do any of you more experienced Dragon owners have any idea what could have caused this.

I have 10 more of his sibblings and none have shown any behavior like this. All of mine are on timers and thermostats. My other delema is that when i asked for the beraly alive body back, he claimed he flushed it down the toilet.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
DAND
I would have asked what had been dropped on it. I do not see (pun not intended) an eye just popping out. Something had to have happened to have caused it.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
pgwdragons
Oh goodness! I cant even begin to think what may have done that!! The closest thing that comes to mind would be a SEVERE seizure.. but thats even still HIGHLY unlikely to cause that to happen!! Wow.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
angie.h
If it WERE having a severe seizure it may have gouged it's own eye...is this person someone who is known to be an exaggerator maybe?

Old 10-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
pgwdragons
Ah. Good point about the gouging... hmm
Im still thoughtless on this one..

Old 10-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
spyder79
i wonder if this person saw eye bulging and freaked out and way over exagerated what he saw. that or he squished the beardie.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
JordanAng420
Do you know if your friend had been housing the sick dragon with any other dragons? Could be a result of trauma from other roommates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace9916 View Post
My other delema is that when i asked for the beraly alive body back, he claimed he flushed it down the toilet.
My best suggestion would be to not give or sell any more reptiles to this person. Put him on your "do not sell to" list. Doesn't mean that you have to stop being friends, but it's in your best intrest to stop doing business with this person, IMO Sounds like he or she could use a lesson in responsibility...I may be jumping the gun but, flushing bearded dragons down the toilet? Still alive?

Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #8
JordanAng420
In the future, you can always ask to see the habitat the animal will be staying in before you adopt them out or sell them...there's nothing wrong with wanting to make sure your animals are taken care of by the person who takes them.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
spyder79
and by the way him flushing it down the toilet (imo) would void any and all requirements for replacing the animal.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
ace9916
At first thats what i thought that he was bulging his eyes out like most do, and he was just scared. Then he sent a pic I couldn't really make it out or tell that it was one of my own dragons. But could see a small red like dot on his face. Then I thought it was like someone else mentioned that he was attacked by something larger. Thats why I asked for the bareley alive body as he described it. Then I heard nothing back, so I called him and thats when he told me he had flushed it. Being me i was disappointed I wanted the body still to take a look and see what could have caused this for future reference. But like i said I still have a few of his sibblings and none have done anythig close to this, and no one else has complained. Most of my dragons are purchased from all over, and i usually tend to keep one or two from certain clutches to watch their growth and development. I'v never seen anything wrong.

But thank you everyone you all reinforced me thats and beliefs about this. And I told him just that no body no exchange.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!