missing hognose? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #11
whytepizza
another question. just in case i don't find my hoggie, i definitely want one again in the future, and a western at that (or plains if you wanna get technical). Anyone know a good place to get one that's not a three eyed pet shop in jersey?

Old 09-22-2007, 01:10 PM   #12
99Vengeur
Well, there are several for sale on kingsnake.com in the classifieds section. I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but I am breeding my westerns this coming season, and hope to get some pretty nice ones from my pair (they are het albino). I can keep you in mind if they succeed next spring. But I hope that you find you original hoggie!

Robert

Old 09-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #13
Nyoka77
I got my first hog in Jersey at a pet shop. Wasn't a great idea, she was sick for a while. However, every few months there is a reptile show in White plains, NY where I go snake shopping now
It's a fairly fast train ride from jersey, or the drive isn't bad either. ( I'm from northern Jersey) You can see the dates of the shows on Kingsnake.com

Robert, let me know how the breeding goes...I might be interested to give it a shot in the next few years...when I get some time
I can't imagine seeing all those little heads pop out of their eggs...must be the cutest thing haha!

Old 09-22-2007, 10:55 PM   #14
whytepizza
thanks very much for all the info! i will def. be checking out kingsnake.com. Thank you for keeping me in mind, that would be awsome. I hope i find my original hoggie but i def. want another hoggie if i can't find him

Old 09-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #15
99Vengeur
Jonathon-- Any luck on finding your little guy yet? Let us know how its going.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #16
norcal
Quote:
Originally Posted by whytepizza
thanks very much for all the info! i will def. be checking out kingsnake.com. Thank you for keeping me in mind, that would be awsome. I hope i find my original hoggie but i def. want another hoggie if i can't find him
if you lived in Nor*Cal, I still have 6 babies...I do not ship snakes, easier to wholesale to the pet store or local sales

Old 09-30-2007, 06:20 PM   #17
ladyserpent7
eek...good luck on finding your hoggie, its really nervewrecking i know. i lost mine for an hour and went bazurk...look in all the nooks and crannies..they like to push themselves into "comfy" places.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:54 AM   #18
Razaiel
Hope you find him I kind of lost mine once - I stupidly let one of my teenage daughter's friends hold him for a minute and he forgot about the snake (watching TV) and snake wiggled down the back of the sofa - he was difficult to find down there even though we knew where he was. They do like tight squashed in places.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #19
99Vengeur
Jonathon-- It has been almost a month since your hognose decided to take a vacation. Any signs of him yet?

Old 06-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #20
whytepizza
I'm really surprised someone still watched this post! No, i never found him. I'm still upset about it. I'm afraid that he died this past winter because of the temperate zone i live in. It was a weak winter so i'm still hopeful he's alive!
Anyway, the good news. I'n February i purchased two 100% pos het albino nasicus nasicus from a guy in Texas. They are awesome! They seem to be mixed with some sort of red phase and am very happy. The girl i got is perfect! She is sweet, lovable, and an all around good snake. About two weeks ago she ate an eastern newt and nearly died :ack 2:, but now she is almost 100%. The boy i got is pissy. He likes no people, even with handling. It's funny, and scares the crap out of my friends, so i can't complain.
I'm looking to get some more soon, i love these guys! I wanted to mix mine with a southern or a mexican and see if i couldn't get an interesting looking albino hog, but i think i can wait 10 years for that lol. I'm in no hurry to explore breeding these guys, i just want as many as i can get my hands on!
Anyway, i still hope i can catch or find my old guy sometime
I willt ry to get pictures up if i can ever get my camera to work! Wish me luck at the reptile show on Saturday! i'm looking for some more hoggies there!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!