Purchasing a finicky eater. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #11
suitcasey
Hey everyone !! Just a little update with some fantastic news!!!!! I am so, so, so happy. Tonight I tried Hannah with a medium sized mouse and she ate straight away!!!
I was so shocked, I had great hope that I would one day coax her to eat but I had absolutely no expectations of her eating after just one week with me!

Just incase anyone missed it, this snake has not eaten a thing for 5 or 6 months. The reptile guy figured it was a goner, but she was so so so sweet that I couldn't just let her die in the shop, so he gave her to me at discount. I was worried at the start that I'd bitten off more than I could chew, but now I have great hope this little girl will be with me for a long time .

I guess this means I'm doing something right, yeah?? I hope so. I like the thought that I might have saved her and gave her a good home .

Thanks so much everyone, I wouldn't have bought her if you's hadn't encouraged me .

Casey.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:11 PM   #12
suitcasey
Hey everyone, just thought I'd put some pictures up of Hannah to see what you thought of her ! Also I'm not an expert on snake health but I think she seems very healthy (and hopefully will stay that way now that she's eaten!) but yes if you notice anything wrong please let me know .

Well that's all I got so far ! Just wanted to say again that I couldn't be happier that I got her. She's a gorgeous snake and I'd love to maybe even breed her one day.

Would love to hear what you's think of her
Casey.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:12 PM   #13
suitcasey
This is just sliiiiiightly off topic lol but here's some (pretty crappy) pictures of my four foot marine tank you can see in the background there . Marine fish are my passion, and I one day would love to become a marine biologist.

Hope you enjoy. And Merry Christmas to everyone who's celebrating it tomorrow .
Casey.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:16 AM   #14
suitcasey
Hello everyone, so sorry to bother you all again. Just wanted to check this was normal. Hannah's underside (not sure of the technical term, sorry!), but her whole underneath is very pale and dull. Last night the black and white/yellow markings on her stomach were very clear, now everything's just very faded. The rest of her body, and her eyes, all seem to be a normal colour.

Just wondering if this is anything I should worry about, or is she just coming into shed?? Is it normal for the underside to go cloudy before the rest of her body?

Thanks very much, just looking for some reassurance, I'm sure she's fine .

Casey.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:26 AM   #15
hhmoore
It sounds like she is going into a shed, and no...it is not abnormal for the belly scales to be the first indication. With some snakes, that is the only change you will notice (until you are familiar enough with the animal that you begin to see more subtle things, anyway)

Old 12-25-2007, 08:30 AM   #16
suitcasey
Thanks so much mate ! That's just what I had suspected, but thought I would have seen her eyes getting cloudy or something too if she was going into shed! But now I know that that doesn't always happen. Thanks so much for the help, really appreciate it .

Casey.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:35 PM   #17
ladyserpent7
yah..i was gonna say that from the pics she seems darker than the usual western hogs...but when you said that bout the foggy bottom...it makes complete sense that she might be going into shed..so you have not much to worry bout

Old 12-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #18
99Vengeur
She looks good! For being off food for 5-6 months, she still seems to have a good amount of weight to her (at least by the pictures). Same thing goes for mine when they shed. Belly scales first, then the whole body darkens with the eyes going blue (cloudy).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!