Shipping to Ireland from Arizona - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-06-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
Waswondering
Shipping to Ireland from Arizona

Does anyone know the laws about tortoise in Ireland? I've searched on the internet but still dont know. I have some sulcatas that I would like to ship there. How difficult would that be?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Old 10-13-2019, 07:54 AM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Many people mention Dutch Dragon Imports as being the company to go to for import/export services; they can help you through the CITES paperwork too, I read.

https://www.dutchdragonimport.com/

Old 10-13-2019, 08:00 AM   #3
Beyond GenetiX
I work with Sander with Dutch dragon imports quite a bit. It is expensive to ship cites animals unless they are a pet, then you don’t need and export license. It can take up to 6 months to get cites paperwork cleared on both sides.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:12 AM   #4
AbsoluteApril
Why go to Ireland for them? Just curious. Is it a special morph? Sulcatas are pretty common here and there are rescues even. https://www.arizonatortoiserescue.com/

Old 10-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #5
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Why go to Ireland for them? Just curious. Is it a special morph? Sulcatas are pretty common here and there are rescues even. https://www.arizonatortoiserescue.com/
I think the turtles are going from the US to Ireland.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #6
Waswondering
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I have some tortoise that have been in my family since before I was born and I have to move to Ireland for school so I was wondering the best way to get them there.

Old 10-13-2019, 02:47 PM   #7
Socratic Monologue
I would contact the university -- they undoubtedly have extensive experience bringing students in from overseas. Even if they don't know the situation with animals accompanying you, they can do the leg work on their end to find out.

Old 10-13-2019, 03:00 PM   #8
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waswondering View Post
I have some tortoise that have been in my family since before I was born and I have to move to Ireland for school so I was wondering the best way to get them there.

This is a completely different situation and they are considered pets imo, usfws has forms for that and you don't need an import/export license. I'll see what I can dig up.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:59 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
I think the turtles are going from the US to Ireland.
thanks! yup, I completely misread the original post

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!