Do you plan on getting a iguana? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you plan on getting a iguana?
Yes I am, I like them alot!! 16 28.07%
I might, I have not decided yet!! 5 8.77%
I would, but they are too hard to care for!! 5 8.77%
I had one, I don't want anymore!! 9 15.79%
No way, just not my thing!! 22 38.60%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2006, 07:53 AM   #11
techgirl
I had one back in college and I loved her to death. She was pretty much like having a scaly dog around. She was litter box trained and followed me around all the time, even on a leash. She even had my mom, who was terrified of anything that wasn't a dog, hooked on her. She died unexpectedly at 7 years of age. Just woke up and found her dead. I miss her but have decided on no iguanas anymore because now with the kid and the rest of the zoo that i have too much on my plate to add one more.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #12
varnyard
Great story!! My first store bought herp was a young green iggy with three legs. I felt sorry for him and did some quick talking to my mother. I had kept herps before that but they were wild caughts that I could find around my home.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #13
yungair23
There my favorite reptile and my first reptile! My male is 2 1/2 yrs old and he's a joy to be around puts up with anything unless he see's a football and he attacks. I wouldnt ever consider a second iguana they are a hand full!! I like how they are vegitarians i enjoy preparing his food and trying out different things! They also can get huge and thats appealing to me as well. They are all around cool lizards!

Old 12-24-2006, 07:27 PM   #14
darkbloodwyvern
agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markface
nice lookin critters bobby . you too steve . i've never been real interested in iggies . my nephew has 2 four year olds that he raised from neonates . they have a walk in closet for a cage at this point . we also have a pair of rhino iguanas and a camen(sp) island rock iguana at the petshop i work at . the rhinos are about 10 and 12 years old and the rock iguana is approx 18 years old . they are all very cool , but just not my cup of tea .
I really love their looks and would like to play with someone else's, but my life is too complicated for anything needding more time than a corn or ball python. I really like a few of the smaller rarer varieties, but it would be unlikely for me to get one because the guys i like seem to be the least researched- i posted a thread here about them, they are small and multicolored. There isn't much info on them, but they are smaller and more colorful than most species. If they were actually well known and docile, i would be sorely tempted!

If anyone wishes to email me any nice face pics, i am looking to do a few drawings of iguanas: aazhie @ gmail.com just remove the spaces.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #15
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

We do want to get one, but have to wait until we in a larger place. Right now, we are in a small apartment but are getting ready to move soon, into a larger place. Hopefully soon, we will have space. We don't want to get one without being able to provide a large area for him to run around in.
We tried to rescue one after it got hit by a car on the highway. We live down here in south florida, so they are plentiful. However, he didn't make it but 2 days, & died in my arms. We had a very nice burial for him, & made a tombstone & named him Dodger. He had a head injury & internal injuries.
So, that was when we decided we would like to take one or two on one day. There are alot here in florida that need good homes.

Tracie

Old 07-23-2007, 10:24 PM   #16
Nickysticky10
Eventully i will get one.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:27 PM   #17
Lucille
The Igster Is Here!!!!!!! I got him this afternoon!!!!!

Old 12-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #18
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
The Igster Is Here!!!!!!! I got him this afternoon!!!!!
Congrats, now we need pics.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #19
Lucille
And guess what else I plan to get during the holidays? A TEGU!!!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!