Bad Guy BEWARE of "WORLD PET EXPOS" - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #41
Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Kelly... I am really looking forward to being a vendor at your shows in the future (I am moving to PA). I will be in touch this summer.
after we talked the other night I was speechless... I WILL MISS YOU.. Good Luck..

Old 02-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #42
Bruce Lowder
I am not thrilled that they have decided to do a show one week away from our New England Reptile Expo 4/11 in Manchester just a few blocks away. However, since the facility does not even have the event listed on their calendar, I am not holding my breath that the event will even take place...!!

Unfortunately the kind of behavior that they are showing towards vendorsmakes the job of promoters like Kelly and myself all that much harder! Hopefully they will fade away ASAP.

Bruce Lowder
www.ReptileExpo.com

Old 02-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #43
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lowder View Post
I am not thrilled that they have decided to do a show one week away from our New England Reptile Expo 4/11 in Manchester just a few blocks away. However, since the facility does not even have the event listed on their calendar, I am not holding my breath that the event will even take place...!!

Unfortunately the kind of behavior that they are showing towards vendorsmakes the job of promoters like Kelly and myself all that much harder! Hopefully they will fade away ASAP.

Bruce Lowder
www.ReptileExpo.com

Randal Berry
www.Texasreptiles.com

Old 02-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #44
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lowder View Post

Bruce Lowder
www.ReptileExpo.com
My thoughts also.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #45
Beardie
I wouldn't waste time waiting for shows that won't happen. I would file a compaint with the Sarasota police deptament now (where the phone number on CL is from) for fraud.

I would again contact your credit card co. by phone AND certified letter with the full expectation that a refund be giving for services not recieved and don't take no for an answer. I've worked for CC co. and they always say that. Be sure to include in your certified letter the person you contacted on the phone (at the CC com.)as well as the time and who you talked to originally along with a copy of the written police report.
You will have to visit the police station, sit down with them and file the report. If they say they will make a note of it and getr back to you don't do it. Stay there and file the complaint/report.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #46
GottaLuvHerps
Any updates?

So Susan, it is past the weekend the show was supposed to be held, and I started thinking about you. Did you get any resolution? Have they contacted you at all?
I did take a look at the website today...the only date they have left listed on the website is the June 6&7 at the Tallahassee Fairgrounds. I guess they had all the other shows postponed? I wonder what they told the vendors who registered and paid about those shows?
So, just wondering if you had any updates. I never heard back from them after my phone call....

Old 03-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #47
Susan S.
On March 3rd I called the credit card company. They have a dispute form on the back of the bill which I completed along with a write-up of my dispute in detail. Instructions said to call AND mail the form. When I called, I explained briefly my dispute. I made it clear that the agreement did say "non-refundable" at one place but I also stated that the language clearly stated (as many of you who responded here pointed out to me) that this was for a show to be presented on particular dates in a specific place. The representative said ..."it may say non-refundable, but if they did not provide the show, then you did not get what you paid for". I sent the form, copy of the agreement, my typed formal dispute and mailed all certified mail. I am very hopeful that my money will be refunded.

Just days before Feb. 28th I did call World Pet Expos to ask if there would be a show presented at the Civic Center in Tallahassee that weekend. I believe it was John Whitfield that spoke to me. He said , "Oh no, that show has been postponed to June 6-7 at the Leon County fairgrounds". I replied " the FAIRGROUNDS???.....have you ever been to these fairgrounds?" He said no. I told him there is no way the fairgrounds is worth $325 a table and I am doubtful that he will have anyone sign up for his show. His answer was something like...."well that's up to you...don't do it then".

What a joke this group is. I just wonder how many folks they have ripped off. You know there have to be many more just like me out there.

Thanks again to all for your help and guidance, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will keep you updated.

Susan Sentman
SSNAKES Reptiles

Old 03-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #48
Beardie
I'm glad you filed the dispute with your credit card co. it will take awhile (2 to 6 months) but all should be refunded to you along with any interest removed. You do have to stay on top of it so it doesn't get buried in their investigation section.
I would still recommend that you file a police report/complaint for fraud. The police need to start thier investigation too. It will help speed up your refund through the credit card co. and put at end to their scam. I am sure once the credit card co. starts their investigation they will contact the show coodinators and be told several lies about the show as well as stating that they have a right to reschedule at which point they will show the new dates and locations as proof of their "honesty". The credit card co. may sit on the investigation again and wait to "see what happens". If you have the police investigating the credit card co. cannot just take a wait and see approuch... they have to act....now.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #49
Susan S.
Thanks "Beardie" for the advice. I will call Sarasota police again to file a report. The last time I called that agency I was very surprised at their procedures. It was a "desk" officer answering and he said he would call World Pet Expos and talk to them about this. He said I would have to call him back because it was "long distance" to call me. I then had to go through all the menu options again and wait on hold for some amount of time the second time around. I didn't think it too professional. But I will do it again and let you know what happens. I will be more adamant this time....." I WANT a REPORT TAKEN!"
Maybe that will work.

Thanks-
Susan Sentman
SSNAKES Reptiles

Old 03-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #50
ophidile
I wonder if you can file a report with the local police, or even the FBI? If you were contacted over the internet, and the are located in another state, it could count as "interstate commerce" and be the jurisdiction of the FBI.
Press all the options you can! One's bound to come through.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!