Joshua Wright / JW Exotics / JWexotics@aol.com "Bad Guy!" - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:49 AM   #41
Chris@TSE
And just in case you forget, you guys had requested additional information, such as his email address and state. He posted it as requested in post #12. I'll show you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got-Balls
BTW: I would like to thank everyone for the help and support I’m receiving. Last night I spoke with a person in California who also had unpleasant dealings with Joshua Wright after paying $3,200 for a Boa and not receiving it. He has informed me the Joshua lives in or around Spokane, Washington. Below is a copy of the resolution letter from PayPal.

Letter from PayPal:

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

We will make our best effort to recover the funds in question if they
become available in the seller's account in the future. Please be assured
that we will also take appropriate action against the seller's account,
which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

-------------------------------
Details of Disputed Transaction
-------------------------------
Transaction Date: May 11, 2005
Transaction Amount: -$3,500.00 USD
Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXX
Case Number: XXXXXXXXX
Seller's Name: joshua wright
Seller's Email: [email]jwexotics@aol.com[/email

THEN Wes jumps in bashing him for not providing info in the very next post! I think he simply did not see it... But regardless here it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Josh,

Is there some reason you can't or won't give the information you have repeatedly been asked for?

Paypal keeps a record of who you pay and when you pay them. It will have the email address you sent your payment to.

Several people have asked you to post it and yet you haven't? Why?

Something doesn't quite add up here.

Care to elucidate a bit?

Post whatever facts you can find or remember.

Then Jim pops in with some nice info to help him out and you apparently see Wes go off on him and figure he had still not provided any additional info. You helped keep the ball rolling with the post I had already quoted. I'll quote it again for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Thanks for the support? Please save your fingers the stress and dont bother making complaints here unless you can provide at least a shred of verifiable evidence to prove your claim. A computer crash will not prevent you from posting the PayPal email with full headers.

You "got balls" alright....to waste peoples time. Go get some sun John.....
And from there it just got ugly.....

NOW

Put yourself in his shoes. He's asked for more info, he gives it, and you guys treat him like DIRT. Mistake? Possibly.

Be the bigger men here guys.... Let it go and lets try to help this guy get to the bottom of his issue. If he chooses not to post after this I can understand why, but he deserves the benifit of the doubt. Not an unwarrented attack.

Unless im not seeing a hidden post?

Old 06-06-2005, 12:49 AM   #42
Wilomn
Perhaps he posted that while I was writing mine BUT it was NOT the first request made of him to provide information.

Think and feel as you will Chris and I will do the same.

I still think something is NOT right with this guy and this transaction and until someone proves ME wrong I will continue to do so.

He WAS here several times and declined to post anything at all. Given the track record of past scammers and the similarities here and there I'm inclined to think this is just NOT on the up and up.

Truthfully I hope he is but my spidey sense says he is not.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:51 AM   #43
Chris@TSE
I believe something is fishy as well Wes, but thats hard to judge now since there is plenty of reason he was hesitant to post. You can probably see why now....

Old 06-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #44
Wilomn
No Chris, I can't.

YOU apparently can.

If he needs help he is going about getting it in the wrong way.

If he's trying to work some angle with paypal or run a scam you're helping him out nicely.

If john wants to come and clear up any misconceptions I have I am MORE than willing to listen and admit I was wrong BUT until he does I say he is NOT being entirely forthcoming and that I think he's hiding something.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:58 AM   #45
Chris@TSE
Also note, that before when you were stating you saw him online and he was not responding, this was AFTER the crap had "hit the fan" here.... Up until that point he replied with what little information he had. After post #13 where you kinda laid into him and started the ball rolling I also witnessed him lurking. You're talking about a guy who just started posting here yesturday and is having his ass handed to him. I'd be hesitant too!

But alas, more information is still needed, and I hope this crap will stop and he can provide some more. It would be nice to see if we can help assist him, or indeed uncover something else.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:01 AM   #46
Chris@TSE
What kind of angle thru paypal? You sparked my interest.

He filed a dispute so that means the transaction DID take place. In order to file a dispute you have to reference the exact transaction ID.

HE also won the dispute, but obviously the scammer did not have funds in his account. PayPal will rule in your favor but if there are no funds to collect they stop at that. They do nothing more.

From that point I would pray he used a credit card to fund the purchase, possibly he could dispute the charges there.

I just dont see what kind of angle he could be persuing....

Old 06-06-2005, 01:03 AM   #47
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfExotics
Also note, that before when you were stating you saw him online and he was not responding, this was AFTER the crap had "hit the fan" here.... Up until that point he replied with what little information he had. After post #13 where you kinda laid into him and started the ball rolling I also witnessed him lurking. You're talking about a guy who just started posting here yesturday and is having his ass handed to him. I'd be hesitant too!

But alas, more information is still needed, and I hope this crap will stop and he can provide some more. It would be nice to see if we can help assist him, or indeed uncover something else.
No, you're wrong there. He was invited cordially to post needed info. He was here and did not

He was reading and leaving, actions of a suspicious nature as far as I'm concerned.

Then there was the vieled, or not so very, threat to Chuck.

Leave it be, as you advise Chris, and let's see if this guy comes back.

Our continuing to discuss it is accomplishing nothing other than taking the spotlight off him.

john, got anything to say?

Old 06-06-2005, 01:05 AM   #48
Chris@TSE
Agreed. Lets see if John will shed some more light on this issue. I'd really like to see this Josh guy answer for himself as well..... But I doubt we'll see that.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:22 AM   #49
critical bill
Quote:
He then posted a email from PayPal
No Chris, that was a cut and paste job. A screen shot from Paypal is what I asked for and I think what most here would have accepted as verifiable proof to his claim.

Quote:
BUT had you guys paid attention
Ya know Chris, if were just a bunch of suspicious dum dums, and its your desire to teach and "show the way", dont you have your own forums with members who might want such balanced guidance?

If you want to call me an inattentive feather head please have the balls to say it outright. You see, I'm paying attention just fine.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:42 AM   #50
Chris@TSE
inattentive feather head ?

Such a phrase is not present in my vocabulary! LOL

And if you'll notice, I gave him instructions for such a copy paste job. But by then it was already apparent which direction this thread was going.

I used to hear people speak of benifit of doubt.... And until recently we would hear this in regards to the people being labeled as 'bad guys'.... Now even the people in seek of a helping hand need it! Its funny how even the people who need help are now guilty until proven innocent.

Either way, do as you like. If you can condone your actions so be it. I just thought it was harsh. Very harsh for someone who looked new to these forums and in need of our help.

As wes stated before lets just see what John has to say. Unfortunately I do not expect much...

And by the way..... Cool Down....

I'm not the one who brought up your mother :P

Funny how things get so personal so very fast

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!