(INQUERY) Don Meeker from Oklahoma? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
garweft
Question (INQUERY) Don Meeker from Oklahoma?

Any one ever heard of, or bought from, a Don Meeker from Oklahoma?

Old 03-15-2007, 03:38 AM   #2
slartibartfast
I believe this guy is a good friend of my friend Betsy, who is a herp keeper at the Tulsa Zoo. He does ball pythons mostly, and maybe gila monsters? She speaks very highly of him, but I have not met him or seen his collection and have no personal experience of him.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
garweft
I believe he works more with birds than reptiles, but does breed a few select species of reptile.

Who doesn't breed BP's nowadays??

Old 03-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #4
garweft
Anyone else? Here is a site I found Meeker Ranch

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of them?

Old 03-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #5
Rescue_Herps
I work a bit with the zoo- volunteer and then with the herp club. I can ask someone up there if you'd like- I don't know him- never heard of him. I do know there seems to be A LOT of shady herp breeders- I got a whole stock of sick snakes and iguanas from animal control a while back and i've heard a lot from other people..... not saying anything about this guy because I don't know him.
Beth

Old 03-16-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
ReptileEmpire
If this is the same guy I am thinking of he is a good person to deal with. I never actually knew the guys first name, always just called him Meeker. My brother-in-law has a couple of snakes fom him that he has had for several years, and they are all doing great. I don't know anything about the birds though, I will call and make sure this is the same guy.

Casey

Old 03-16-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
ReptileEmpire
Just as a follow up, this is the same guy. I talked to him several times a few years ago, but I haven't ever personally purchased from him. Everyone I talked to had good things to say about him though. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Casey

Old 03-19-2007, 05:50 PM   #8
jwmeeker
I have to chime in on this because he's my father. Great guy I might add.

Jessica- You're right he is friends with Betsy (and everyone else) from the Tulsa zoo. She has been helping him force feed some anthill pythons (she's got smaller fingers). The website mentioned earlier is his and he currently is selling most of his parrots at this time. On the herp side he's been mainly focusing on Australian species, but has some other species as well.

If you don't find him to be honest and forthright in every way possible, let us know because we've failed. This has been a fun hobby from day one and always will be. We don't ever want to be one of the guys known as "shady".

Justin Meeker

Old 03-19-2007, 06:00 PM   #9
garweft
Thanks for everyones input. I did talk to him and he seemed like a very nice guy. I wasn't able to get what I was interested in because they were already taken buy the time I contacted him.

Thanks again to those that responded.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #10
Rescue_Herps
good to hear

I had a friend of mine ask about this same guy a few days ago- they don't have internet so they can't see this but I will pass on the good word. glad to hear you aren't one of the bad guys.
Beth

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!