is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #31
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryEd View Post
I take outstanding care of my collection. There is no way I could afford to microchip them. I am also unsure what that is supposed to do anyway? In 20 plus years I've never had a snake escape my house? Anyway, this whole thing has me worried for where we are headed.

I do think the key is trying to communicate. I have a lot a of concerns and worries, however I know we should be trying our best to show a united front!
this is what im talking about. why should the rest of the industry suffer because of a handful of idiots and why are the laws coming from our side now.

micro chipping is in case they get loose and also to be able to track where the animal can from and who produced it and so on.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #32
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCreek View Post
What part of "compromise" is so hard to understand? USARK is fighting outright bans. Their proposals are seen as a compromise to prevent bans. Do you want a ban? I don't. I've recently gotten into retics and have spent some hard earned money on future breeding stock. I don't want to see that come to naught because there is a ban. Safety standards and micro-chipping beat a ban any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
we cannot compromise or we will loose everything

Old 11-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #33
rodneynboalich
Quote:
What part of "compromise" is so hard to understand? USARK is fighting outright bans. Their proposals are seen as a compromise to prevent bans. Do you want a ban? I don't. I've recently gotten into retics and have spent some hard earned money on future breeding stock. I don't want to see that come to naught because there is a ban. Safety standards and micro-chipping beat a ban any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
so you are just getting into retics. well ive been breeding them for a while now and let me tell you economically viable micro chipping thirty baby retics would be and thats just one clutch. not to mention that it can kill them

Old 11-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #34
ldydrgn
Laws are made to protect the stupid. There will be idiots in any business and hobby. Do I like the fact that they are the ones media concentrates on? No, of course not. But until animals rights groups that are lobbying for these bans (HSUS, PeTA, ASPCA) and all their minions (Animal Planet, etc) roll over and die, there will be legislation for bans. They turn the idiots into a media sensation, and the public thinks that all reptile keepers are like that.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #35
DiamondCreek
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
we cannot compromise or we will loose everything
Sometimes compromise is necessary or you will lose everything. For the record, everything I've read about the microchips for snakes says that it is completely safe. If you have information about the chips causing cancer or any other problem, kindly share that with the rest of us.

Would you rather have a ban or some simple regulations (pertaining to things you should be doing anyway as a responsible keeper)? It really is that simple and it will likely come to that.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #36
rodneynboalich
Quote:
I've read that thread. He did answer you. You are being too stubborn to realize you got an answer. The legislative proposals wait in the wings to counter a ban. If there is not a call for a ban, the proposal will not be pushed forward.

Why is that so hard to understand?
he set up rules to offer up to ours states without even talking to us or running it by us

Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #37
DiamondCreek
Quote:
so you are just getting into retics. well ive been breeding them for a while now and let me tell you economically viable micro chipping thirty baby retics would be and thats just one clutch. not to mention that it can kill them
You wouldn't be chipping babies. The chips are passed through a 10 gauge needle. They would need to get some size to them. That means it can be a customer's responsibility....and that spreads the cost. The other option is to include the cost in the price of the baby as part of your overhead. The chips are $10-$25, so yes, it would be expensive.

Tell me, though, wouldn't that be better than having your entire investment in equipment and breeding stock made absolutely worthless by a ban? You are really missing the forest for the trees here.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #38
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Sometimes compromise is necessary or you will lose everything. For the record, everything I've read about the microchips for snakes says that it is completely safe. If you have information about the chips causing cancer or any other problem, kindly share that with the rest of us.

Would you rather have a ban or some simple regulations (pertaining to things you should be doing anyway as a responsible keeper)? It really is that simple and it will likely come to that.
i post link on page one or two about it plus i have a friend emailing me more inof on the micro ship issues later tonight

Old 11-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #39
radera5
Quote:
he set up rules to offer up to ours states without even talking to us or running it by us
I am just curious as to how you would do that?

Old 11-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #40
rodneynboalich
i really dont think you people realize the implications for breeders. how many breeders are posting on here. how many of you could be faced with having to micro chip hundreds of hatchlings

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!