Bad Guy Brandon Griffey - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #31
Snakemanbonk
Wow i'm a bad guy because you sent me a unhealthy snake with a internal per existing condition? And you won't even talk to me on the phone sense I told you the snake died All I want is my snakes back I did my part. I didn't want to go public with this. Adult snakes just don't die if they didn't all ready have something wrong with it. If the snakes I sent you had any issue within the 10 days I would of sent your snake back in a heart beat the same day delta dash.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #32
thomas raspoptsis
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
Xavier was selling off his snakes before this all, I have been discussing purchases with him for the last 2 months or so.

Just wanted to clear that up...
good luck with your purchases . hope everything goes well

Old 05-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #33
radera5
I already purchased a breeder male from him. He is in QT at the moment, I will definitely keep everyone informed on how he does.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #34
thomas raspoptsis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
What did the vet say about how long the snake had the ulcers?
he could not say .there really is no way to tell becuase he had to see it visually .just like they cant pinpoint why it died on a exact problem ,the symtoms were inside the snake and not visuall ,it had 5 things wrong with it in the necropsy and 4 more tests to be done on the heart the trachea the lung and the brain , but they take a longer time

so if you look at are point of view yes stress could have killed it , but realisticly would you think it was one of these other problems

i mean look at the necropsy it says severe lacerated stomach it didnt get that in 10 days

Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #35
thomas raspoptsis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post
You must be Brandon's bff
and what does this have to do with the problem

Old 05-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #36
thomas raspoptsis
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
I already purchased a breeder male from him. He is in QT at the moment, I will definitely keep everyone informed on how he does.
you wont be able to tell if it has a problem or not unless you do the tissue samples and you cant do that with a live snake???, but good luck with yours i hope everything goes well with him and you dont have our problem as you can see he doesnt guarentee his snakes

Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #37
thomas raspoptsis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I absolutely agree. Every buyer should quarantine, that is pretty basic.
Had the critter died in a quiet quarantine cage it might be a different situation. Here, a one year old snake was bred right after shipping to multiple females.
thats what it was traded for to breed it was suppose to be healthy and quarintine or not it should not have died in 10 days

do think people buy snakes in breeding season and dont put them with females right away dont kid yourself its done everyday .breeder males are for sale every were right now with the adds saying . hey he has done his job here and has much more spark left in him and can breed a few more girls (NOT AN EXACT QUOTE BUT )

Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #38
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas raspoptsis View Post
you wont be able to tell if it has a problem or not unless you do the tissue samples and you cant do that with a live snake???, but good luck with yours i hope everything goes well with him and you dont have our problem as you can see he doesnt guarentee his snakes
I was just referring to if I walk in and find him dead one day ...then we would have a pretty good idea. If he doesn't die...then I will have to assume after his QT that he is healthy.

I enjoy the minimal talks I have had with Brandon and Xavier was great to deal with.

I hate to see something like this happen to anyone, it is especially hard considering I have had friendly conversations with both gentleman.

I really wish this could end happily for everyone but at this point that seems like a long shot.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #39
Snakemanbonk
I'm at work right now I wil get back to this situation this evening

Old 05-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #40
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas raspoptsis View Post
it didnt get that in 10 days
There is something called comparative fault, where the fault is apportioned between the parties. That might be a useful tool here. Certainly there is stress associated with being shipped (remember it is not just flight time, there is the boxing up, taking to the airport, etc.) and then being breed right away.

Your position would have been stronger had you quarantined which is a basic husbandry procedure.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!