I feel i am being bullied - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #71
crissabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Are you pondering what I am pondering?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
Probably
I'm wondering if i'm pondering what you two are probably pondering right now.

Did that make any sense? Or should i go to bed and rest my head

Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #72
Southern Wolf
Im thinkin if we dont stop Harald will end up spankin us.... and he aint purdy enough for me to enjoy it.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #73
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
Im thinkin if we dont stop Harald will end up spankin us.... and he aint purdy enough for me to enjoy it.
Good one!

Old 08-07-2010, 01:22 AM   #74
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
What IS love bombing anyway?
I think it would be a very safe bet to wager that NO ONE has ever figured that one out.......

Old 08-07-2010, 01:46 AM   #75
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
It's one thing to enforce the rules.... but it's another to enforce it equally..... The central clique in this forum pretty much operates unchecked.... while the outsiders get reprimands for every little thing......

It has really turned me off of this forum... and I know of alot of people who feel the same as I do....

Anyway... I'm sure the mods will disagree... and probably don't care what I have to say.. because I'm not one of the fauna nucleus.... I may even get banned for this.... or someone will be trying to dig up old police records or dirt on me to post in the public forum...... LOL....

This used to be a really good forum... but it's more like a tank of piranhas now.....
I know the thread has already moved on to "love bombing" and whatnot...but I just couldn't let this one slide by without a comment.

If you look at my post-count, you can see that I'm clearly not involved in any "clique" on this site. I don't say anything unless I feel I have something useful to say...then I say it and move on. I've never been picked on, I've never received an infraction. I've never been made to feel as if my input is in any way inferior to anyone with a 1000+ post count.

I've got my own very large forum to take care of, so I don't have time to participate as a regular member of the community here...but I HAVE watched it grow and change and mature over many years. I find it amusing to see someone say this "used to be a really good forum" but now it's horrible. Over the last several years, I've watched this site go through some serious growing pains. And I've watched Rich and his team of mods work their asses off to keep the site on as even a keel as possible...and most recently to work even harder to make it as welcoming and friendly a place as possible for all the new folks coming in.

If all someone can see is "piranhas" now...then maybe that's because they can't tolerate having a site with rules that are actually enforced. Heaven forbid you not be allowed to walk in here and be a total ass with no regard and no respect for the rest of the community.

The brilliant thing about the internet is that there are a multitude of other herp sites out there and one of them is bound to fit your personal style and be as "good" as you would want. And if you can't find one, you can always make one yourself.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:55 AM   #76
JudyC
Hehehe...had to go back and read up on the "love bombing"...

Quote:
... I have even resulted in personal injury. Because of lack of sleep trying to defend my name and reputation, I had fallen down the stairs and in doing so, injured my tailbone. ...
I guess you were a real pain in his ass, Rich!

Old 08-07-2010, 01:59 AM   #77
polasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
And I've watched Rich and his team of mods work their asses off to keep the site on as even a keel as possible...and most recently to work even harder to make it as welcoming and friendly a place as possible for all the new folks coming in.
Because we're love bombing them....

http://www.cultwatch.com/hcwindex.html
(the following excerpt was taken from the "Mind Control - Love Bombing & Relationship Control" section)
Quote:
Cults know that if they can control your relationships then they can control you. Whether we like it or not we are all profoundly affected by those around us. When you first go to a cult they will practice "love bombing", where they arrange instant friends for you. It will seem wonderful, how could such a loving group be wrong! But you soon learn that if you ever disagree with them, or ever leave the cult then you will lose all your new "friends". This unspoken threat influences your actions in the cult. Things that normally would have made you complain will pass by silently because you don't want to be ostracized. Like in an unhealthy relationship love is turned on and off to control.

Cults also try to cut you off from your friends and family because they hate others being able to influence you. A mind control cult will seek to manoeuvre your life so as to maximize your contact with cult members and minimize your contact with people outside the group, especially those who oppose your involvement.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:04 AM   #78
hhmoore
I recall Dennis talking about setting me up as an instant friend for all new members - ala Tom (I think that's the name he said) on MySpace - can't ya just see me in that role?

Old 08-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #79
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I recall Dennis talking about setting me up as an instant friend for all new members - ala Tom (I think that's the name he said) on MySpace - can't ya just see me in that role?

Old 08-07-2010, 03:35 AM   #80
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
It's one thing to enforce the rules.... but it's another to enforce it equally..... The central clique in this forum pretty much operates unchecked.... while the outsiders get reprimands for every little thing......

It has really turned me off of this forum... and I know of alot of people who feel the same as I do....

Anyway... I'm sure the mods will disagree... and probably don't care what I have to say.. because I'm not one of the fauna nucleus.... I may even get banned for this.... or someone will be trying to dig up old police records or dirt on me to post in the public forum...... LOL....

This used to be a really good forum... but it's more like a tank of piranhas now.....

Marc, you may have noted by now that you haven't been banned. Matter of fact, you have been asked to expand on your opinion. You made an allegation and now have been given an opportunity to point out these instances. If true, I would like to see them. Here is your opportunity. Please share with us just one example. Show me where someone went unchecked while the "outsiders" were hammered.

"This used to be a really good forum... but it's more like a tank of piranhas now" When was this? If anything the members have been rained in more than ever now.

Now let me just give you my opinion. I don't think you can give one example. The reason being is that you can't see the warnings and infractions given to other members. You have no idea when others are reprimanded and when they aren't. In most cases it is done quietly and out of public view. Just as it was done when you received your first infraction recently. I can't help but to wonder if your just a little upset for receiving that infraction and that is behind this allegation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!