Cindy Chicvara -aka- Dragonlady58 - take a pass! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #61
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Sorry Dan....I'd love to take the time to reply, but I'm running out the door. Be back in seven days to reply to you all....
Disappointing...

Old 01-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #62
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
And it took you longer to type out that you don't have time to make the refund~ than it would have taken to make the refund.

You've gone from being a little petty when you felt insulted ~ to just being a petty, nasty, little jack***.

Your hurting your own rep much more than hers.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #63
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
Chuck,
Although you could have ended this days ago with a few mouse clicks, you chose to stand on principle and wait for Cindy to request the refund.
Now that she has done this, you're telling her to wait another week?

She paid within 24 hours of the close of the auction.
Take 60 seconds and put this behind you.
Mike,
I and I am sure most of the people here on Fauna have only the very highest
regard for you and I am sorry this buyer thought you had anything to do with this. As far as I am concerned your integrity is beyond question.

I do think Chuck should have quickly taken care of this rather than have it blow up into a customer service fiasco. I do not understand what purpose his actions serve.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #64
Laura Fopiano
Gosh Chuck, you seem a little hostile LOL

However, haven't you shredded other sellers and buyers for the same type of behavior that you are now displaying??

I don't want to cause any flames here because I like what you are capable of doing..........so so the right thing and just refund her money and get her out of your hair for good.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #65
Chameleon Company
I think that the list of phrases which would describe this is both long, and accurate. We've all heard them elsewhere, and often here in the BOI. What comes to mind:
1) Cutting off your nose to spite your face;
2) Winning the battle but losing the war;
3) A Pyrrhic victory;
4) Leading a horse to water but can't make it drink;
5) Penny-wise and pound-foolish;
6) Be careful what you wish for;
7) Knowing when to cut one's losses;
etc.

For her part, it seems that Cyndi either didn't read the thread, or didn't comprehend the nature of many of the posts.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #66
kmurphy
If you google Cindy's name you'll find she is pretty active in the dog community. You'll also find another bad guy thread started by Chuck on ReptileAuction.com. I really don't think she deserved to be called a scammer. She paid within 24 hrs. That's far from scamming.
thread - http://www.reptiforum.com/forum/archive/index.php/f-2

Old 01-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #67
kmurphy
My apologise to Chuck. He never called her a scammer. I was reading the headline from the post below. His post was the same one made here.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #68
Chameleon Company
One other aspect of this caught my attention with the initial post, and was only reinforced as this thread grew. If others alluded to it, my apologies for not noting such. My point is that, IMHO, this issue does not rise to any standard that would justify an attempt to harm Cindy's reputation with a posting here. So Chuck and Cindy had a hissy fit ! Nothing was stolen, misrepresented, etc. In fact, while Chuck could make the case that the animals could have remained on auction if not for this problem, and maybe have been sold to someone else by now, the decision to not complete the deal was Chuck's, if I read all correctly. To then feel the need to take it to another forum in order to further damage Cindy is equally petty. Besides not agreeing with Chuck's decision making with regards to issuing a timely refund and failure to be aware of UPS shipping policies throughout the holidays, I read it all and want to say "Big deal" in my best "so what" tone of voice. How cluttered would the BOI front page be if we all came here with such trivial concerns?

Old 01-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #69
The BoidSmith
Quote:
If you google Cindy's name you'll find she is pretty active in the dog community. You'll also find another bad guy thread started by Chuck on ReptileAuction.com. I really don't think she deserved to be called a scammer. She paid within 24 hrs. That's far from scamming.
And, if you search further, you will also find out that there's a Cindy Chicvara who is also a Psychology Professor at a Florida College (very close to where she is at). The name it's not that common so I wouldn't be surprised if she was the same person.

Regards

Old 01-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #70
dzoo
Now he is just plain lying ....

Quote:

Your request for a refund through PayPal has been received. Please be aware that while I would like to review and process your refund immediately, unfortunately I will not be available over the next seven days to do so.
Now Chuck is just plain LYING - He would not "like to process it immediately" or he could have done it in the time it took to type that reply!! What a great businessman - I've seen 3 year olds have tantrums like this, but for a grown man who claims to be a proffesional in the industry this is unbelievable.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!