For those that use cell phones in their transactions... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
The BoidSmith
For those that use cell phones in their transactions...

Thought you might not know this.

JUST A REMINDER...on February 1, 2006, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. .YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS. To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. Itwill only take a minute of your time It blocks your number for
five (5) years.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS . IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY PHONING IN, YOU CAN DO IT ON LINE. GO TO: http://www.donotcall.gov/

Regards

Old 01-12-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
shrap
That is our GOV for you..... always has We the Peoples best interest in mind......

Old 01-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
Torin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Thought you might not know this.

JUST A REMINDER...on February 1, 2006, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. .YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS. To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. Itwill only take a minute of your time It blocks your number for
five (5) years.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS . IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY PHONING IN, YOU CAN DO IT ON LINE. GO TO: http://www.donotcall.gov/

Regards
Actually, not really true.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

Old 01-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #4
The BoidSmith
Todd,

You are right. Someone passed me that information today and trusting the source I didn't verify it first. Thanks for the heads up. One way or the other I placed my cell # in the "do not call list" just in case.

Regards

Old 01-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
Torin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Todd,

You are right. Someone passed me that information today and trusting the source I didn't verify it first. Thanks for the heads up. One way or the other I placed my cell # in the "do not call list" just in case.

Regards
Oh, the "Do not call list" is an excellent idea. I'm all for that. However I've seen the message you were sent probably 20-30 times in the last 6 months alone. And as Snopes points out, it isn't ENTIRELY false, just not the way it is being portrayed. And I've been burned more than once by not checking something out on Snopes myself as well.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #6
KathyLove
I have been planning on registering all of my numbers on the list for quite a while, but never get around to it while I have the number/website available. Thanks for reminding me. I just went a registered them all a few minutes ago - sure was easy.

I recently had my home phone # turned into a cell phone #, so I get quite a lot of "spam" on both #s. But I sure don't want to pay for them to try to sell me stuff I don't want! In 31 days, I should be rid of one more annoyance!

Old 01-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #7
The BoidSmith
Kathy,

I'm glad to know that at least my mistake was helpful.

Regards

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!