Bad Guy RodentPro- Zoonotic disease warning - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #31
kingpinreptiles
My post has nothing to do with this disease, but I was a happy RodentPro customer for probably 5 years, and ordered at least a couple thousand mice per year from them until last year. Someone decided to take the box of frozen rodents off of my porch after the delivery guy left it, when I contacted RodentPro a couple days later to tell them the tracking number says delivered but I haven't got the box they treated it as if it was my fault it happened. They did send another order of mice but they sent it to be held for pickup and the only facility that can hold dry ice was nowhere near where I live. Didn't have access to a vehicle around that time and it wasn't easy finding someone willing to drive that far to help me pick up the box, and the one time I did get a ride the place closed before I got there. Needless to say I decided to was time to switch rodent suppliers and I've been extremely satisfied with Layne Labs since then.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #32
rcarichter
Their KS ads were bumped up today, and they're still sponsors here and at KS. According to their website, they're scheduled to vend at the St. Louis show on 9/9. If this is true, it potentially affects everyone at the show. At what point would you guys give the show organizer a heads up? I surely don't want to do anything inappropriate. Guess I'll give them a while to respond.

Noelle

Old 07-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #33
Utta
Personally, the feeders I've received from RodentPro have been in their freezers for a long while. The freezer burn on some of the guinea pigs I've had was evident of that. So the stuff going out NOW would probably be where the issues would arise from frozen feeders. This isn't me saying "don't worry" to the people who've bought feeders in the suspected time period, it's me saying "you should avoid them like the plague at this moment".

To the OP, can you post any proof of the CDC telling you about this? Any emails, text messages, photocopy's of letters?

Old 07-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #34
reticguy76
I hope the op can provide pure uncontestable sources and proof, otherwise, not very good to post allegations like this publically with a huge red bad guy X in the title. Even if this proves nothing, this threas is going to be so long for people and prospective customers of rodentpro probably wont see it. This isnt a bad guy "I didnt get the right snake I ordered" this is a serious allegation. You have to make sure you got everything lined up before coming here with this. Or at the very least make it info thread until you get alk your ducks in a row and have 100% proof

Old 07-31-2012, 06:34 PM   #35
reticguy76
Damn phone typing, . Sure doesnt replace good ol computer keyboards ! haha

Old 07-31-2012, 06:44 PM   #36
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpsnake View Post
Fast forward to yesterday, when I received a call from the epidemiologist for our county, who informed me of the following:
1. The CDC was looking for people who had purchased rodents from Rodent Pro, particularly in May of this year.
It seems to me that the CDC could probably get Rodent Pro's records and know who bought what and when, if there was a health issue involved.

Has anyone here heard of a friend or acquaintance that was asked about this?

Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #37
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Has anyone here heard of a friend or acquaintance that was asked about this?
Lucille, that'd be anonymous 3rd party quoting. We need someone who can confirm this themselves.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #38
rtbc2012
I realized I did purchase the last batch not so long ago, so I'm checking my records to be certain... I did write to rodent pro as well, so I hope to get an answer

Old 07-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #39
LauraB
Quote:
It seems to me that the CDC could probably get Rodent Pro's records and know who bought what and when, if there was a health issue involved.
That's what I was thinking too. If the CDC was aware of a potentially serious health issue with RPro, seems like the CDC would go straight to the source and obtain sales records, test specimens, etc. Did the local epidemiologist learn of the infected rodents from the CDC?

Old 07-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #40
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
That's what I was thinking too. If the CDC was aware of a potentially serious health issue with RPro, seems like the CDC would go straight to the source and obtain sales records, test specimens, etc. Did the local epidemiologist learn of the infected rodents from the CDC?
I'd think that the CDC would have to get warrants/other legal allowance to be able to do so. If that's the case, then making calls and asking for permission before hand could be the faster and easier route.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!