Beardie keeps jumping up and hitting tank lid - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-05-2017, 08:50 PM   #1
kdevron
Beardie keeps jumping up and hitting tank lid

I've had my beardie for about 4 weeks now, he's 2.5 months old, 9 inches long. Starting yesterday he has started jumping up off his basking rock into the tank lid, repeatedly hitting his head. I have checked the temp of his basking area repeatedly and it ranges from 105-110 degrees, using a probe to take temp. Cooler side of tank ranges from 80-85 degrees. I have had beardie for years and have never seen any of mine do this. Does anyone have any advice as to why he's doing this? I'm afraid he's going to hurt himself. Thank you in advance for any help and info.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!