Mentor - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
Payara
Mentor

I really want to get into keeping venomous. I have read 2 book pertaining to the care and maintenance of venomous snakes but I feel a mentor would help me even further understanding some of the techniques. So what's the best way to find a mentor or even better does anyone know someone who keeps venomous snakes in Houston TX?

Thanks in advance,
Koshy George

Old 09-13-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
Payara
Is there no one???

Old 09-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
MDC_Ophiuchus
I suggest checking out the Southeast Hot Herp Society.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
Snakes Incorporated
Try finding a person with a venomous collection and assist that person with cleaning cages and pick his or her brain for info. Even a zoo or a snake park would do just nicely.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
Payara
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDC_Ophiuchus View Post
I suggest checking out the Southeast Hot Herp Society.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes Incorporated View Post
Try finding a person with a venomous collection and assist that person with cleaning cages and pick his or her brain for info. Even a zoo or a snake park would do just nicely.
That's the plan. I already tried the zoo they aren't aren't accepting volunteers at this moment and most zoos do not allow volunteers to work with venomous snakes. It's a liability issue.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #6
Tim Cole
I will have a table at the ETHS Expo in two weeks.

Introduce yourself and I'll intro you to some local hot keepers that may be able to assist you. Friday night icebreaker is the best time for this. Just ask for me, most people there know me. I usually have a frozen margarita in my hand that night! LOL

Old 09-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
Payara
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

I saw your interview with the local news station, the one with the unsteady cameraman so I think I remember how you look.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
Payara
Quick question, I am not a member yet, can I become a member on Friday? Or do I have to mail the application in with my check? And what time is the ice breaker on Friday?

Thanks again Mr. Cole

Old 09-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #9
Tim Cole
I believe the ice breaker begins at 7pm and you can become a member at that time.

http://www.eths.org/html/meetings_events.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!