Good Guy Rare Earth Inc. AWESOME! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
RoseyReps
Talking Rare Earth Inc. AWESOME!

I recently purchased 2 baby red ackies from Brandon at Rare Earth Inc. This wasn't just a good guy transaction, this was a great experience all around. Not only was he prompt with all replies via email, he also never missed a phone call. (Actually, once it did go to voicemail, but as I was leaving a message he returned the call) He went above and beyond the call of a "good" breeder.

The first email I sent was simply asking if they were still into the ackie breeding. He replied with a list of clutches he had from the dates, along with pictures, price, and his phone number. Saying if I was interested in purchasing one he would like me to call so we can talk about any questions I might have. When I called the next day, we spoke for over an hour. I told him what I had read, and learned from all our herp resources, and he told me what worked for him. Some things he agreed with, others he didn't and gave me his experiences with certain husbandry etc. The deal was made, I wanted 2 of his babies. I paid that day, and we agreed on a shipping date a week later. (So I had plenty of time to get my enclosure set up etc)

Something that struck me while talking to him, was what he said at the beginning of the conversation. Brandon thanked me for calling, and said it's a lot easier to judge a person via phone than email. Stating he likes to get a feel for people and their ideas / set ups before he agrees to sell them any babies. I love that.

We talked multiple times the next week, I called him constantly with silly "new mom" questions. He was always polite, and answered my questions through and through. He sent me multiple pictures of his enclosures, ranging from hatchlings to adults. I was very impressed with his set-ups. Many breeders take the easy, efficient route. Metal trough, dirt, retes stack, water dish, done. His enclosures looked like pet owners. Leaf litter, multiple basks, multiple surfaces / hides etc.

He asked me to call when I got the babies. They were / are gorgeous. Fat, happy little guys. (well, hopefully guy and gal, but we'll see lol) Even after the transaction was complete, he still promptly answered emails about other questions that popped up. I could not be happier with this transaction, and I look forward to doing business with Rare Earth in the future. This, is how breeders should be. Back up great animals, with great customer service.

TL;DR
Rare Earth Inc Rocks.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Squints
What a great read! I just ordered a trio from Brandon today, and I couldn't feel more comfortable.

He was such a nice guy and was really prompt with his e-mails, pictures, etc.

I'll update this thread on Tuesday when my Ackies arive. Thumbs up for Brandon.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
BatLizard
rare earth email

you have brandons email? I need a breeder female badly

Old 04-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
sincitydragons
I had the exact same experience as the OP here a couple months back when I got my 5 yellows from Brandon. I'd actually been in touch with him since some time in december I think when he told me he would have yellows hatching soon and as soon as they did I could send him the payment and figure out a shipping date. He's been very helpful with ideas for cages and feeding regimens and other various things. He also gave me a great deal on the 5 I got which I won't disclose but it was more than fair. He sent me pics of them hatching and a couple before they shipped describing how different their personalities were. This was by far the best purchase I've made in years and I couldn't be happier. As soon as I sell some yellow babies I plan to hit Brandon up for some reds. If you're looking for ackies go with Brandon even if you have to wait they're worth it. Batlizard here's the email... rareearth@mindspring.com

Old 04-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
sincitydragons
rare earth babies, showing off!

the pic of the one on my hand is how they looked when I got them at 2 weeks old and the other pic is 2 weeks ago at 8 weeks old.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ackie