Luis Taracena (herphobbiest) bad deal - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:17 AM   #11
mdc
Luis....

Luis,

I have an offer from someone in your area to come pick up my animals and ship them for you. Apparently you have a habbit of ripping people off and some people are getting tired of seeing you do this. This person was nice enough to call me and offer this, so this should solve your problems of not having money to ship.

I suggest you take this offer in order to keep what little reputation you might still have. Remember word travels fast in a community like this and I will do everything in my power to get the word out about you. Please contact me so we can set this up.

Matt Crabe

Old 03-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #12
Cat_72
If no one should send their animal first........there could be no trades....?

And Matt made an excellent point. When you purchase an animal, there too you are making a trade as such, only you are exchanging or "trading" money for the animal. Therefore, should no one "shout about it" when they trade money for an animal and not receive it?

Old 03-22-2006, 11:35 AM   #13
Alias47
Matt...sounds to me like you keep getting the "poop end of the stick" from people who just won't ship...

Sorry to hear about this.

Trades are a little harder to litigate that a direct cash deal...too many variables that are hard to prove.

I have very few people I would consider a trade with that wasn't done in person. And all of the ones I would are people that are either publically well known for their business integrity, or people I know well enough to trust personally.

Hopefully you can get this guy to respond...
At least with the necropsy results...of course, if he had followed quarantine procedures, it would have been much easier to establish fault in this animals death...or prevented it.

Good Luck.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #14
kmurphy
There is a difference

Quote:
When you purchase an animal, there too you are making a trade as such, only you are exchanging or "trading" money for the animal. Therefore, should no one "shout about it" when they trade money for an animal and not receive it?
Without getting into the "who should ship first" debate. There is a difference between an animal and cash. With many forms of cash payments you do have recourse and can often get your money returned. Also noone can say your check died, got sick or didn't look good enough.

Kevin

Old 03-22-2006, 12:05 PM   #15
Neil Gubitz
Matt.... I totally understand what you're saying, and in part, I agree with you.... but, as Kevin just said, there is a BIG difference between a cash sale and a "trade".... but, even on a cash sale, I STILL FOLLOW MY OWN RULE.... Why send money to someone you don't know, have never done business with or is just a "weekend warrior"??.... There are MANY well-known people in this industry who will have the same animal as the no-name person.... Why take the chance??.... and even if this person IS on the up and up, how do you know his shipping methods will be up to the industry standards, what type of box he'll use, what company he will ship through (USPS??), if they'll even insert a heat, or cool pack??.... there are just too many variables.... With the established company, you can basically take for granted that they KNOW what they're doing.... it is WELL WORTH the extra couple of bucks to insure a live delivery of a healthy animal.... and, as Kevin said, there are recourses that can be taken in the event something goes wrong....
As I said before, it's YOUR money and YOUR animals.... take whatever chances you want.... I just prefer to do business with people I can TRUST to do the right thing and not give these BS excuses when things don't go right....
Believe me, I'm not trying to rag on you or berate you in any way.... you took your chance and it backfired.... lesson learned....

Neil

Old 03-22-2006, 12:07 PM   #16
Blazingreptiles
I agree, if no one ships first in a trade, no one would trade! I'm sure there's several trades that happen everyday including shipping that go well, we only hear about the bad ones!

If I ever do a major trade that has to be done with shipping, I will be doing it through here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=826

I might not trust all people in this hobby but I trust Fauna

Jessy

Old 03-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #17
Neil Gubitz
Jessy.... you're kidding, right??.... What makes you think that just because someone advertises on THIS site makes them reputable??.... As good as this site is, that just makes it EASIER for the scammer to ply his trade.... You're just playing with fire with that type of attitude....

Neil

Old 03-22-2006, 12:35 PM   #18
mdc
Neil,

I agree with what you are saying to some extent, however I do have a couple comments.

1. There are a lot of honest "small timers" in this business, including
myself. So for me to say that nobody should buy from a small time
breeder would be shooting myself in the foot.

2. I have only had two bad experiences. This one and one with a big
time, well respected breeder. So for me, the problem hasn't been just
because I dealt with unknown people.

Matt Crabe

Old 03-22-2006, 12:35 PM   #19
varnyard
I don't know either one of them but it looks like Matt got took from the start. Cash or no cash, a man/women is only as good as his/her word! From the start Matt held up his end of the bargain, Luis did not. He has been less then truthful the whole time, from the start I might add. If he would have shipped his end of the trade the first time, or even the second time, this thread would not be here. IMO, it looks like he never intended to fulfill his end of the deal from the start. I might also add we have yet another that was given the same excuse from Luis. IMO, Matt had every right to make this thread. He got took, regardless if it was cash or a trade. I find this statement a hard one to beat. (Say what you mean, and mean what you say) anything else is less than the truth. Luis needs to make this right. I would also suggest he provide proof of the cause of death with this snake. Anything can kill a snake in six weeks. If he cannot provide proof, then the debt is still owed. He did not complain when he received the snake at the start. IMO, his only way out is to make this right. I would also like to say this. If the snake died, then so be it. But that does not excuse Luis from his actions. Matt, I am glad you made this thread. Is that not what BOI at Fauna is all about? IMO, it is better to find out if Luis is safe to deal with, now we know. Cash or trade, it needs to be posted.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:41 PM   #20
Blazingreptiles
I don't trust them because they are on here! I just think it would make it easier to publically hammar out the details. Also I think the more people who see how to do a successful trade will know what to do themselves if they need to.

I guess you've had some bad experiences? It's awful that everyone is not in this hobby/addiction for the love of the animals. I'm in Canada so trading across the border for cites snakes is pretty much moot.

As for Matt, I hope for you that you can have this resolved, Luis has no excuse for his actions and all he can do now to redeem himself is to ship the snake he was supposed to. I hope your next trade goes well Matt, and that you are not jaded by this bad guy!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!