HELP first snake: I was told not to get a milk because they musk - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-10-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
Glock23
Exclamation HELP first snake: I was told not to get a milk because they musk

I was told not to get a milk because they musk and to get a king snake or corn as my first snake. If i recall though kings musk too .. I guess I need some real info... Feel free to PM me

I just bought this cage :

http://www.freedombreeder.com/cage.php?cageID=4

with all items ect.

some people say get a bald python. I don't want a bald python. lol...

What do you guys think? I need some REAL advice here please.

I'm also looking for a good REP dealer or breeder to get a snake from.. I want a REALLY colorful snake.. IF a milk isn't good i understand but I do like how they look.

This snake looks awesome! :

Old 04-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
Glock23

Old 04-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
Cat_72
Your first concern should be learning all about the care requirements and personalities, quirks, etc. of each kind of snake you are considering, and then decide what you personally can deal with. If you don't want a Ball Python, don't get one...you need to get one that you are truly interested in, but be sure you are getting one for the right reasons and that you are knowledgeable about that snake BEFORE getting it, not just because you want one that looks cool.

There are some wonderful breeders right here on Fauna, of kings, corns, and milks. Just be sure to do your research on the BOI before buying.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
Glock23
yeah i am doing all the research. i'm just wanting some advice from people that have handled them ect. I don't think they have any really pretty kings from what I can see..

I'm wanting something that when it's older will still look as cool as it did when it was younger.. My cash limit is $200 for just the snake. I bought the setup and am waiting on it and while I wait on it looking for the right snake. I like kings because of the tail thing ie rattle snake dance they do but I keep getting mixed replys about aditude and which snake to buy ect ect ect. I've bought a few books and now im just looking for a colorful snake... either milk king or corn.. Having trouble deciding because people keep saying Kings bite alot and are mean.. Milks musk too much.. BUT no one has said anything about corns cept they are good.. but I'm still wanting a king or a milk over a corn..

please advise more thank you.

-Glock

Old 04-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #5
constrictorcrazi74
I have a questoin for you were did you purchase the milk form ???

Old 04-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #6
constrictorcrazi74
scratch the first post I didnt read the full post lol . If your looking for a good reptile store in illinois 3 rivers reptile in joliet best reptile shop around .

Old 04-10-2007, 11:18 PM   #7
ms_ramie22
if you read the thread, I believe he does not have a snake yet.....

Old 04-10-2007, 11:27 PM   #8
constrictorcrazi74
yea i no thats why i psoted another one
joe

Old 04-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #9
Cat_72
I honestly don't have much in-depth personal experience with kings or milks, so I can't give you much guidance with them. I THINK the milks usually grow out of the musking as they get older, if they are handled often and properly....but best to ask someone that has more experience with them for certain.

I can tell you that corns do the "tail rattle" thing too though, lol.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #10
Glock23
hope someone does

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!