IBD disease / My ball and my boas - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #61
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
Name the person that told you this. It is FALSE.
Must've been Guido the killer pimp.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #62
kmurphy
It seems to me that the option of just keeping them forever is the worst choice. If you enjoy reptiles then you're forgoing many of the things that you enjoy about them. (If you're ethical that is).

1 - You can't breed them.
2 - You can't show them to other reptiles owners.
3 - You can't go to shows
4 - You can't get more animals.

Don't you think it would be better just to get it over with and start again?

Kevin

Old 10-18-2007, 03:22 PM   #63
LadyOhh
Mike,

I was with you on this since the beginning, so I understand your feelings, but how can you rationalize keeping sick snakes that can easily transmit diseases to other peoples collections?

They are sick. They will die. You are harboring a virus that will harm other animals.

You need to look out for the greater good here.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #64
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Guess he decided to ignore your advice Dennis so to avoid him spreading IBD, I replied to his ads.
He will now either have to delete them or forget about anyone wanting to purchase from him.

wait.. WAIT .. are you telling me that this pompous is SELLING SNAKES??

You ignorant, SELFISH piece of ..

IF it is verified positive.. put them all down.. and maybe yourself.. for the greater good..

dip

I felt bad at first, since this is a terrible thing to have happen.. now I just hope it kicks you in the

Old 10-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #65
Seamus Haley
I'd still like to see the vet report.

See, here's the thing... I am skeptical of the statements that "Mike" Nolastname here has made. All of them. Every single one of them has struck me as an attempt to troll. There's no consistancy to the supposed situation, no proof or even credible testemony has been given about anything and the guy has clearly for his head up his own ass when it comes to even a rudimentary knowledge of disease transmission or any of the specifics that are understood about IBD.

I *think* the guy is a liar and has been from his first posts on this forum. Every single post he has made in these IBD threads has been phrased in the manner guaranteed to generate the most kneejerk emotional responses from everyone who's a legitimate user with a fully functional brain. The only thing it really lacked was subtlety.

Post a vet report there Scrappy. Establish one single verifiably true factor to this and, if you can do that and aren't completely full of ignorant crap, maybe a reasonable and informed dialogue can begin.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #66
kmurphy
Quote:
wait.. WAIT .. are you telling me that this pompous is SELLING SNAKES??
No he's not selling his snakes. (At least on Fauna) He asked for his ads to be deleted and was told how to do it himself.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:54 PM   #67
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
No he's not selling his snakes. (At least on Fauna) He asked for his ads to be deleted and was told how to do it himself.

That's good at least.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 PM   #68
kmurphy
Quote:
I am skeptical of the statements that "Mike" Nolastname here has made. All of them. Every single one of them has struck me as an attempt to troll.
I was thinking the same thing when he came out that his boas had IBD. Just seemed odd to me for some reason.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #69
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
I'd still like to see the vet report.

See, here's the thing... I am skeptical of the statements that "Mike" Nolastname .
Clark. Not much different than another Mike J. Clark "serpentboy" that once graced the forums.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #70
mjcnj
1ST of all,
My snake ads are over a month old. I have not nor would I ever sell my snakes with this knowledge, but I guess Brandi did not read that AND i GUESS spj did not get my PM. I asked the moderators to remove my ads because I could not do it for some reason, I tried yesterday.

Secondly, READ MY POSTS I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT I WAS NOT GOING TO EUTHENIZE the snakes. I MERELY asked Why I could not keep them. I also WENT ON TO GIVE you THE responses of other people regarding the disease, I also tried to make a very important point that NO ONE SEEMS TO WANT TO ADDRESS,

HAVE YOU OR ANYONE THAT HAS BOAS HAD THERE SNAKES TESTED (BLOOD) ?

IF NOT THEN YOU ARE THE SCUM BAG, NOT ME. THEY SHOULD NOT WASTE THERE TIME WITH THIS SITE, THEY SHOULD NOT GO TO ANOTHER SHOW UNTIL THEY GET THE RESULTS. BECAUSE THERE SNAKE MAY HAVE IT AND THEY ARE THE PROBLEM NOT ME.

IT IS FUNNY THE SAME PERSON RIDICULING ME FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ON WHY I COULD NOT KEEP THEM , IS THE SAME PERSON THAT HAS NOT HAD THEIR BOA TESTED. GUARANTEED. THEY ARE HYPOCRITE'S. NOT ONE PERSON HAS SAID, I HAD ALL MINE TESTED, I TEST MINE EVERY 6 MONTHS. NO I HAVE HEARD USE A REPUTABLE BREEDER, DO RESEARCH... THESE PEOPLE ARE CLUELESS. I BOUGHT FROM REPUTABLE BREEDERS WHO I RESEARCHED OUT, THAT GETS YOU NO WHERE.

I HERE SAYING I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT, CLEANED, SANITIZED, TEMPS....ETC AND I DID NOT KNOW UNTIL I HAD THEM TESTED.

SO TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE BROW BEAT ME, UNDERSTAND THIS, MY SNAKES WILL BE EUTHANIZED BECAUSE OF THIS DISEASE. BUT IT WAS SOMETHING TO SEE/HEAR PEOPLE RISE UP TO CRUSH SOMEONE, CALL THEM NAMES, AND THE LIKE, FOR ASKING QUESTIONS AND TRYING TO MAKES SENSE OF OTHERS OPINIONS IN A FORUM TYPE ATMOSPHERE TO GET HELP.

TO ME THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE NOT HAD YOUR SNAKES TESTED,YOU ARE THE PROBLEMS... YOU SAY, "MY SNAKE IS FINE, ITS HEALTHY AS CAN BE. YA I GO TO SHOWS, I HANDLE OTHER PEOPLES SNAKES, BLAH BLAH. BUT YET YOU THINK THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE NAIVE.

MY SNAKES WERE ALL IN PERFECT CONDITION, IF MY BALL WAS NOT EXPOSED TO THE BOAS, I NEVER WOULD HAVE HAD A REASON TO GET THE BOAS TESTED. I WOULD HAVE WENT TO SHOWS AND OTHER VENUES, NEVER KNOWING THAT MY SNAKES HAD IBD.

SO IN CONCLUSION, ANYONE WHO HAS JUMPED UP IN ARMS DUE TO MY QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS, PLEASE TELL ME THE LAST TIME YOUR BOA WAS TESTED AND WHAT EVIDENCE YOU HAVE TO SHOW YOUR SNAKE IS NOT A CARRIER. I JUST BET PEOPLE WILL NOT GET THERE BOAS TESTED, THEY WILL CONTINUE TO BUY AND SELL THERE BOAS AND WILL NOT GET THEM TESTED, THEY WILL GO TO SHOWS AND NOT GET THERE BOAS TESTED. MEANWHILE MINE WILL BE EUTHANIZED ON SATURDAY, YET I WAS THE "SCUMBAG", I AM "CHEAP", GUYS LIKE ME.... PLEASE GET OFF YOU HIGH HORSE AND GET YOUR SNAKES TESTED.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!