Patience is a virtue... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #61
crotalusadamanteus
How'd it go?

Old 07-04-2010, 02:06 AM   #62
kmrkvicka
How is everything? I'm so concerned for you, and can't imagine the stress you're going through... have you called the vet yet?

Old 07-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #63
AbsoluteApril
gave her a place to soak but she ignored it. Finally soaked her overnight myself. no change yet. The slugs that are still in there, not anywhere near the vent. She looks about ready to pass the meal she ate, here's hoping it helps get the rest moving along. If still nothing, I'll see if my boa breeding pal can come over this weekend with the ultrasound. I'll be speaking with my vet next week, regarding my sick boa Cinnamon, so I'll mention this issue and see what he thinks (I'm sure his answer will be 'bring her in for an exam'... lol)

Old 07-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #64
kmrkvicka
Do you want me to send you my doppler? I know that's of little possible use, but if you want it none the less, I'd be happy to lend it to you. Have you considered a full sized meal? Like a jumbo rat?

Old 07-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #65
AbsoluteApril
Thank for the offer Katie, that's very nice of you. If my friend can't come over, I'm sure the vet would be happy to check her out (he loves taking my money, heh).

I want to share some GOOD news for once.. the one little baby that was born shed a few days ago and last night I offered him/her the first meal, a f/t mouse hopper. Wouldn't take if off tongs but I left in the cage for a few hours and ta-da - it was eatten! yay! I love it when the babies take f/t right away.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #66
Matt2979
Glad to hear some good news come from your story. Hope to hear more good news soon!!

Old 07-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #67
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I want to share some GOOD news for once.. the one little baby that was born shed a few days ago and last night I offered him/her the first meal, a f/t mouse hopper. Wouldn't take if off tongs but I left in the cage for a few hours and ta-da - it was eatten! yay! I love it when the babies take f/t right away.
Sweet! Always nice to get a little cheer from an otherwise worrisome situation.

Are you sure she retained something? Just got to thinking some more, is a Doppler going to show more then if there is a viable offspring? Slugs don't make much sound I'll wager. But an experienced vet can tweak X-Ray settings to get slugs to show up just fine. LINK
Or possibly ultrasound would show it too?? IDK.

Good luck at the vet. Keep us posted.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #68
Miss Tuniwha
Any news hun??? I have been checking in.. and see nothing.. *crosses fingers*

Old 07-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #69
AbsoluteApril
no updates, no changes. I'll just keep soaking her every few days. Got swamped this weekend and wasn't able to call my friend with the ultrasound yet. Life! ug.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #70
crissabella
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya, April!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!