first time Hogg Island Boa Breeder - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #41
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
Maybe some good will come of it. Maybe I can just keep the babies and see what I can make out of them.
I just enjoy animals and love how these two snakes look. The coloring they have is so gorgeous. If no one else wanted these, I'd keep them because I enjoy how they look. Maybe I'll get a surprise with a baby that pops out.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #42
ShadowAceD
Better hope it's not one of those litters of 50.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #43
AbsoluteApril
those of us that try to preserve true hog isle locality boas (yes, it is a locality of BCi, not a subspecies) do our best to ensure the lines are 'pure' hog. You have to trust the person you buy from and get as much history/generational information you can get.
It's a hobby for most of us as well : )

Old 11-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #44
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
A mutt may show majority of hog gene's but could still carry that red tail gene. Also if they were crosses with red tails wouldn't they be much larger? These two are quite small, about the same exact size as hogs.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #45
ShadowAceD
Colombian red tails can be as small as 4' and as large as 11' (reportedly) when adults. Your boas appear to be the same build and length of a pretty typical Colombian boa.

Hog Islands can exceed 6', but 6' is pretty typical.

I know you really, really want these animals to be Hog or mostly Hog, but they simply are not. I'm sorry, but they are not.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #46
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
You yourself could have a nice looking mutt since you are relying on someone who may be trying to make a quick buck with a lie. It's not hard, so all I am saying is how do you find out 100% for sure?
And can you ever really trust the person giving you this info?

Sorry, not trying to be rude in any way. I'm just trying to figure out what I can do with these snakes now. Regardless I'll have babies. I just need to know what route would be the best. What are my chances of just making more pretty snakes for my own enjoyment?

Old 11-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #47
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
You're saying they aren't even 50% hog?

Old 11-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #48
ShadowAceD
You're going to just breed these animals to breed them anyway, so anything we tell you is irrelevant.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #49
ShadowAceD
Even if they were 50%, so what? They are still sub species crosses.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #50
ShadowAceD
This is a photo of a Colombian boa at 7 years old (she is nearly eight now). As you can see, she is not a monstrous animal. Properly fed Colombians do not become obese, overstuffed sausages.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
breeding, hogg island boa