Breeding success? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
Eric East
Breeding success?

How many of you have or are expecting eggs this year?

I know that those of you frequenting the other indigo forum know this already buy do any of you guys who do not frequent that forum heard about Robert Bruce's success in breeding easterns this year? He says he's already produced 90 good eggs and still has another female to lay. That's awesome!
I'm not sure I'd want to have to deal with that many dry hatchlings!

My couperi aren't ready yet, but maybe next year?

God bless!

Eric

Old 03-14-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
Douglas Taylor
I got 6, maybe 7 good eggs from my couperi. She dropped 10 eggs, but she seems to usually drop a few slugs in with the good.

As for Robert Bruce and his 90 good eggs... I don't know why someone would want to do that to themself. Don't get me wrong, I love indigos, just not baby indigos. I think I once had 16 babies at once and that just about made me insane trying to get them feeding. Having 90 babies is a sure recipe for way more frustration than I can tolerate. I hope he does well though. There's so many folks asking for couperi babies that some heavy production is needed.

I'm just hoping my other projects turn out well... It's looking like my Sanzinia didn't take but that my Black Head Python female did. Fingers crossed.

Doug T

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!