Bad Guy BAD GUY KYLE ADAMS/REPTILE GUYZ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
Rat160
Thumbs down BAD GUY KYLE ADAMS/REPTILE GUYZ

BAD GUY: Kyle Adams & Reptile Guyz.

My business partner and Kyle Adams had worked out a trade deal for snakes last September but Kyle has not made good on his end of the trade.

We traded Kyle a Mystic Potion male Ball Python for a Black Pewter male Ball Python and $500. The original agreement was the Black Pewter and $100 up front and $100 a week until the remainder was paid off. Kyle is a somewhat local person that we have known for awhile so we had no problems giving him the Potion male while waiting for payment.

Kyle gave us the Black Pewter male and $100 as agreed but failed to make any further payments. After contacting him several times he finally made another payment of $100 approximately 4 months later. Then again made another payment of $100 around February.

At this time he still owes us $200. We have contacted him numerous times about the money but we always get the runaround. Thomas spoke to Kyle at the reptile expo this weekend and kyle agreed to pay the remainder as soon as he got home Sunday night if my partner removed the negative post about him on Craigslist. The post was removed but money has still not been received.

Kyle has since purchased other animals and posted them on Facebook. Kyle Adams runs Reptile Guyz which was originally in Vancouver, WA but for whatever reason closed and he has now since opened a store where he is located in Medford, OR.

I am happy to provide screenshots or links to comments about him in the forums. No one has anything nice to say and the general statements are that he is shady and untrustworthy. Not to mention he is running a reptile store but was posting pictures of a very basic Ball Python morph asking what it was... I would think he would have more knowledge. After I made a comment stating that he should be paying my partner instead of buying new snakes, he instantly started calling me a noob breeder with sick snakes. We have a sterling reputation within the reptile community which I'm also happy to provide that information for you, as well as several people that have been to our facility and can attest to the care of our animals.

Be extremely cautious when dealing with Kyle Adams, his business practices have spoken for themselves and he is shady and does not keep his end of deals.

BUYER/SELLER BEWARE.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #2
hhmoore
References to anonymous derogatory statements are useless, as well as against the rules. If you're going to post proof, do it; otherwise, don't bother mentioning it. (Be advised that, since you specifically mentioned forum posts, the rule against anonymous third party quotation applies to screen shots..If you can't identify the people making the applicable comments, they're no good - see the relevant sticky at the top of this forum)

Old 04-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
Rat160
Which anonymous derogatory statements are you referring to? The posts on Facebook? Putting their FB names on here would do no good. I'm not going to go out of my way to try and warn people about someone. If my posts breaks the rules then they can delete it, not hurting me, I'm simply trying to warn others about this guy.

Saying that posting screen shots from Facebook to prove my point isn't allowed is just silly. When trying to warn others about someone who is screwing over people you shouldn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops. Regardless, I know what kind of guy he is, simply trying to warn others.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat160 View Post
Which anonymous derogatory statements are you referring to?
This one:No one has anything nice to say and the general statements are that he is shady and untrustworthy. It was phrased in a way that didn't necessarily merit an infraction, my statement was just a reminder.

Quote:
The posts on Facebook?
You didn't mention what forum, and I didn't care to guess - it doesn't really matter where they're taken from...they're still subject to our rules if you post them here. Facebook posts, in and of themselves, are not against the rules - but if relevant posts are made by people not using their real names, that is a problem.
Quote:
If my posts breaks the rules then they can delete it,
You've been a member here long enough to know better than that.

Quote:
Saying that posting screen shots from Facebook to prove my point isn't allowed is just silly. When trying to warn others about someone who is screwing over people you shouldn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops.
I didn't say that. I simply reminded you that anonymous third party quotes are not allowed. If the people are using their names, there's no issue. I'm sorry that you feel our rules are unnecessary hoops; but you're the one who chose to post here. That particular rule has its basis in the legalities of offering a form like the BOI - it's all about ownership of the words.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #5
Rat160
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
This one:No one has anything nice to say and the general statements are that he is shady and untrustworthy. It was phrased in a way that didn't necessarily merit an infraction, my statement was just a reminder.

You didn't mention what forum, and I didn't care to guess - it doesn't really matter where they're taken from...they're still subject to our rules if you post them here. Facebook posts, in and of themselves, are not against the rules - but if relevant posts are made by people not using their real names, that is a problem.

You've been a member here long enough to know better than that.

I didn't say that. I simply reminded you that anonymous third party quotes are not allowed. If the people are using their names, there's no issue. I'm sorry that you feel our rules are unnecessary hoops; but you're the one who chose to post here. That particular rule has its basis in the legalities of offering a form like the BOI - it's all about ownership of the words.
I CHOSE to post here to warn people about a shady person. I'm sorry that my post was worded incorrectly but honestly just a quick post to save someone the trouble of having to deal with Kyle.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #6
ttremain
I can say from first hand knowledge, that Kyle Adams, of Reptile Guyz in Medford Oregon, is not to be trusted.

He's owed me money for more than 18 months. At first he had nothing but excuses and promises, and eventually stopped responding at all.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:53 PM   #7
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat160 View Post
I CHOSE to post here to warn people about a shady person. I'm sorry that my post was worded incorrectly but honestly just a quick post to save someone the trouble of having to deal with Kyle.
You went from "I am happy to post screenshots or links to comments", to "you shouldn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops". No proof of anything given. Not doubting you, but not taking you seriously either. Post proof.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:43 PM   #8
frostgfx
Caveat Emptor... Buyer Beware! Execute due diligence when purchasing something, anything on the Web. Money talks, BS walks. Glad to have BOI as a resource when making a purchasing decision.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!