Bad Guy Kevin Patrick - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:01 PM   #1
45lcrevolver
Kevin Patrick

Guys beware of this guy. i saw an ad on kingsnake about a virgin female thayeri and i jumped on it. everything seemed good till i received the snake. I place the "female" in my other females cage while i preped her tub. when i open the tub to take the 'female': i received, SHE was breeding my female!!!!!! i tried contacting the guy about the issue with no response. i already email paypal so i can start a dispute and will also start one with my cc company. this is the first time ive ever been scammed in this way. buyers beware!

Old 04-09-2015, 09:58 PM   #2
Mistyck
Wait?! What? You put a new reptile in with your established reptile and are upset that it started breeding? And you didn't quarantine?!

Ok, It's bad that it was a different sex than mentioned, but what in green earth were you thinking to not have a tub ready and to place the new animal in with your established one?

Did you even contact the Seller before making this thread? Have you contacted the seller since?

Old 04-09-2015, 10:12 PM   #3
45lcrevolver
I have contacted the seller before making this thread and he has not responded. I don't follow a lot of you typical "quarantine" deals. I'm not mad at the fact it need my female. I was expecting another female add to my collection.

Ohh and a tub takes 5 minutes to set up or less.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:14 PM   #4
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45lcrevolver View Post
I have contacted the seller before making this thread and he has not responded. I don't follow a lot of you typical "quarantine" deals. I'm not mad at the fact it need my female. I was expecting another female add to my collection.

Ohh and a tub takes 5 minutes to set up or less.
While you should get the sex you were promised, this is just asking for problems. ALL new animals should be quarantined. If it only takes 5 minutes to set up a tub, have it done before the animals gets to you.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:38 PM   #5
45lcrevolver
How would of that fixed my issue????

You guys are missing the point. This isn't a husbandry section, is it?

Old 04-09-2015, 11:46 PM   #6
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45lcrevolver View Post
How would of that fixed my issue????

You guys are missing the point. This isn't a husbandry section, is it?
- Whatever we may think is good husbandry it is, after all, the OP's own choice as to how he risks his snakes.

The complaint here is about the sex of the snake he bought. I do have one question on that - How easy are thayeri to sex? It obviously isn't visual, or you would have noticed when you first received it, right? If this is a difficult to sex species maybe it was an honest mistake - or is it a simple process that you would expect anyone to be able to do?

Whichever it was, you got goods that were otherwise than advertised, and obviously you should start your Paypal dispute ASAP. I wish you good luck.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:48 PM   #7
Helenthereef
Also it would help if you could post a screen shot of the ad in which he describes it as female, so that future buyers can see evidence.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:50 PM   #8
45lcrevolver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
- Whatever we may think is good husbandry it is, after all, the OP's own choice as to how he risks his snakes.

The complaint here is about the sex of the snake he bought. I do have one question on that - How easy are thayeri to sex? It obviously isn't visual, or you would have noticed when you first received it, right? If this is a difficult to sex species maybe it was an honest mistake - or is it a simple process that you would expect anyone to be able to do?

Whichever it was, you got goods that were otherwise than advertised, and obviously you should start your Paypal dispute ASAP. I wish you good luck.

Exactly ! I already started the dispute. I did probe the thayeri and its a confirmed male. Plus the hemipenes inside my proven female was a dead give away. I would think that if anyone was going to sell an animal and advertises that it's a certain sex, then It's their responsibility to be accurate.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:54 PM   #9
45lcrevolver
I didn't take a pic of the ad. He took it down from kingsnake. Here is a screen shot of the email first sent to me thru kingsnake since I messaged him thru there.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:05 AM   #10
Pasodama
Without quarantine, breeding could, potentially, be the least of your problems if the newly arrived snake were to have an illness, carry parasites, or harbor other "issues".

Anyway, you have a legitimate complaint, if you received a male, when the snake was advertised as female and you expected a female.

Do you have a link to the Ad or a copy (screen capture) of the Ad?

Are you able to show that the snake is, indeed, a male?

You state that you contacted the seller but that he has not responded. How long ago was it that you contacted him?

When you filed a dispute, with Paypal, was it for a partial refund or a full refund?

BTW Receiving a snake, of the wrong sex, does not always mean that a buyer was intentionally scammed. It could be an honest mistake. An honest mistake, of a mis-sexed snake, does occur at times.
The main thing is how the seller addresses the issue, when it is brought to their attention, and what they do to make things right with their customer.

----

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!