I NEED YOUR HELP! Prints of painting - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-11-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
A_Kendergirl
Exclamation I NEED YOUR HELP! Prints of painting

Sorry about the shouting, but I need everyone's help to make prints of the painting I have done for the Hayden Fund. I finally got some estimates today, and there is no way I can front the money myself ($900+). I am asking for as many people as possible to pre-order prints. At a minimum I need 32 prints pre-ordered. Please be aware it will be 1 - 2 weeks before the prints will be in my hands.

There will be a $5.00 discount to anyone who pre-orders before 12PM(central) Tuesday (7/19/05). I'm sorry for the super-short notice, but I don't want to have to hold the actual painting any longer then necessary.

For Pre-Orders: The first print will be $38.00 (shipped), and any additional prints will be $23.00.

For Orders After 9AM (Central) Wednesday: The first print will be $43.00 (shipped), and additional prints will be $28.00

Please pay by Paypal to the following address: shanti_fine_art @ sbcglobal.net Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to do a direct link.

$15.00 of EVERY print sold will be donated to the Hammaks.
It is my hope they will use it for any final expenses, or to build a memorial at the skate park Hayden would go to.

The prints will be offset printing (like most posters/prints). These are not a computer print out, or a Kinko's type copy. The image will measure 14x11, bordered in white for a final size of 16x20. The 16 x 20 size will allow you to easily find a frame almost anywhere that carries framing. They will be on a heavy glossy paper (120lb), about the same thickness as an index card.

This is a LIMITED edition printing of 250. Once it sells out, it will not be reprinted. Every print will be signed and numbered, and will have a certificate of authenticity. Kelli will receive print #1 gratis, and I will be keeping #2 for myself. All other print numbers will be first come, first served.

The prints will be shipped flat, which is much better for the life of the print. You won't have the curl that prints get when shoved into a tube.

Please show your support, and help me get these prints made!

The painting nearly done:

Old 07-11-2005, 09:06 PM   #2
saltwaterreptiles
man that is looking AMAZING! holy!

Old 07-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Shanti, Call Danny Hoots or Steve Wilson (they are both owners but go out to clients alot but 1 of the 2 are always there) at Camel City Posters 1-800-828-3226, I worked there for 11 years and he will cut you a break and has a 30 day bill payment so no up front cost and you do have til 90 days just don't tell him I told you that lol, you just need to have it billed to a Business, so use a Business name, Fine Arts is perfect.

He can print on Uncoated (matte) or Coated (glossy) paper stock both papers are also waterproof, the uncoated being 70lb test and the coated being 82lb test. And has a large format setup that can print multiple prints per page and cut them to size (hope that makes sense).

Just tell him that I sent you, Ill call him tomorrow too but it may be late in the day so make sure to tell him Wendy sent you and that this is being printed to support a group that we are on for donations for a family.

He may even donate part of it to you, he usually does my work at cost but I get vinyl and he only charges me $1 a foot for 4 color process on vinyl stock.

Old 07-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
sorry I meant to PM you all of that, not on the right page but you have the info if it helps!

Old 07-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #5
A_Kendergirl
Thanks Wendy, I will give them a call tomorrow.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:17 PM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
Ill call him too, it will just be later in the day and I know this needs to be done early to see if you can get a better price. I know that the paper is 80 cents for each 3'x5' section and the ink, gosh its been so long, I could figure the cost and hold him to it if it hadn't been so long since I left since I used to do all of the price figures and quotes.

He does the offset too, in 4 color process for photo graphic quality. The coated paper in my opinion is better, its not glossy like a picture picture from the photo places but the uncoated to me is very dull and flat.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:20 PM   #7
A_Kendergirl
Ha...my defender, the insider Wendy!

Old 07-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
ahh Shanti, I loved my job, and I miss it so so much, but I need to be home with my children, maybe when they get older I can go back and get free stuff like I used too, now those were the days, now I at least have to pay cost especially when they ask when I am coming back and I smirk and say NEVER lolol

Old 07-12-2005, 04:59 PM   #9
A_Kendergirl
I will be extending the length of time for pre-orders. More on that a bit later...but FIRST....

The painting is DONE! Just in time! Please let me know if I have the right eye, I don't own a bell and can't compare to anything but online photos.

Old 07-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #10
A_Kendergirl
Sorry, I lied...NOW the painting is finished. I changed the color of the eyelid because it was bugging me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!