REPTICON / Super Pet Expo (NOT GOOD) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
MikeRusso
REPTICON / Super Pet Expo (NOT GOOD)

THIS SHOW IS A COMPLETE SCAM..

If you visit the Repticon site at http://www.repticon.com/ you will read the following...

Guests will be able to experience the Super Pet Expo and the Reptile and Exotic Animal Expo. Shop from thousands of reptiles, reptile products and other exotics at wholesale prices, or enjoy Repticon's one of kind reptile games, demos, and kids' activities.

But when you actually attend the show as i did today... There was NOT Thousands of reptiles as they claim.... There was however two (2) snakes.. That's correct there was 2 snakes in total and one other vendor with a few bearded dragons and that's it!!!

When i asked the person that seemed to be in charge of Repticon were the reptile vendors were, he told me that "ALL OF THE REPTILE TABLES CANCELED AT THE LAST MINUTE" ????

Well, I am going to copy Repticon on this thread and see if they want to comment on their completely FALSE ADVERTISING SCAM and maybe give us a list of ALL the last minute cancellations that i was told about...

Until then.. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ATTENDING THE REPTICON EVENT WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR AREA!!

Mike Russo

Old 02-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
Gecko_Den
Have to agree that it was disappointing, and that's me being nice. Definitely was NOT worth driving an hour and paying $12 to get in only to receive the same "all the local vendors canceled" excuse when I asked at the Repticon booth where all of the reptile vendors were located. Come on, really how many local vendors bought tables? And they ALL canceled..

Old 02-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
jasballs
I agree also! I want my 24 bucks back! Or proff of all the "cancelations"

Old 02-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
Chameleon Company
This is a somewhat different spin on a reptile product vendor not delivering the goods. Hate to say "shame on you Repticon", but proof of cancellations is moot, and count me as a "Doubting Thomas" that there were much to cancel anyway. The credible thing would have been for them to put a sign up before entrance stating that the expectation advertised in their website (product) was not available, and that buyers would be receiving a different or lesser product. That was not likely to happen, and a refund is in order. I would continue to contact them through their site until they square things.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #5
alysia
Agreed!

My boyfriend and I also were completely disappointed with this show!!!
But luckily, they did give us our money back when we complained...

No one told us the reptile vendors "cancelled at the last minute".... I don't buy that for a minute. On the Repticon website it says that they "restrict the number of vendors" (not to as few as 2, though) and charge a fee for cancellation!!

Old 02-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #6
MikeRusso
Repticon (scam)

I just sent an email to every one of the contacts listed on the REPTICON website alerting them to this thread...

Now let's wait and see if they respond with a reasonable answer... Not the Every vendor on our list cancelled at the last minute excuse!!!!

What a SCAM... Two $12 dollar adult admissions and one $6 child admission to to find 2 Boas and a few bearded dragons for sale???

THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE EXPOSED!!!!

Here is another link to their advertisement touting "THOUSANDS OF REPTILES AND REPTILE SUPPLIES"

http://www.repticon.com/spenj/

Old 02-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #7
Wolfy-hound
If I went to a show called "repticon", there had be more snakes than that there. I'd be demanding my money back, and griping about the gas money to attend even. I usually drive anywhere from 2 to 4 hours to get to any events, and to get there and find 2 snakes and some dragons...... oh yeah.
Wolfy

Old 02-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #8
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRusso
I just sent an email to every one of the contacts listed on the REPTICON website alerting them to this thread...

Now let's wait and see if they respond with a reasonable answer... Not the Every vendor on our list cancelled at the last minute excuse!!!!

What a SCAM... Two $12 dollar adult admissions and one $6 child admission to to find 2 Boas and a few bearded dragons for sale???

THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE EXPOSED!!!!

Here is another link to their advertisement touting "THOUSANDS OF REPTILES AND REPTILE SUPPLIES"

http://www.repticon.com/spenj/
Mike, Thinking back to the show. If they had alot more vendors supposed to be there dont you think We would have seen empy tables? The reptile section was packed! all 3 tables.... I would think if people canceled at the last minute there would of been empty tables and a bigger area for them?

Old 02-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #9
bcherps
Which venue was this?

I have been a repticon vendor for a couple of years but I do only attend a couple of thier shows. I know they have been expanding drastically lately. They are small venue promoters that are getting bigger.

Its a shame to set someone get setback a little. You should have recieved refunds though.

thanks
ben

Old 02-10-2007, 05:59 PM   #10
MikeRusso
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcherps
Which venue was this?

I have been a repticon vendor for a couple of years but I do only attend a couple of thier shows. I know they have been expanding drastically lately. They are small venue promoters that are getting bigger.

Its a shame to set someone get setback a little. You should have recieved refunds though.

thanks
ben
The show i am talking about was at the New Jersey Convention Center

~ Mike Russo

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!