REPTICON / Super Pet Expo (NOT GOOD) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #11
Southerncat
Please be adviced that the Elrod's are part of Repticon in GA, NC and SC ONLY. We have nothing to do with any of the other shows.
Billy will be returning home the first of the week and will address all of this.

We are sorry that your first experience with Repticon was not so pleasent.

Sincerely,
Danny and Cathy Elrod

Old 02-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #12
Mike DeBruce
Repticon in GA

The Repticon show in GA was pretty good. There were alot of local venders and a few from AL and FL. They had a petting zoo and the Georgia Herp So. had a nice display of local herps. Mike

Old 02-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #13
hunterjackson
I have to back Cathy up. Anytime she and danny are involved, IE with the Southern Repticon shows, they are great. As far as the ones outside of the southeast...I have no clue. I am a happy vendor from the GA and SC shows though.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #14
runnersjw
I attended the Reptile Expo in White Plains, NY on January 6th....It was great! I spent about 3 hours going from booth to booth. I treated my adult son and my nephew to the Repticon disgrace. I dropped $30 and we were there for about 20 minutes. What a total rip-off! I will never attend any other Reptile Show that is showing anything other than reptiles. Imagine-two boas and one vendor showing dragons! Repticon promoters should be ashamed!!!

Old 02-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #15
WestExHerps
I think it is very important to remember that (as was stated before) not all Repticon shows are put on by the same people. I also vend in SC and NC this year.....Cathy has always gone out of her way to make sure everything is right. I guess we'll just have to see what is said by the person that was in charge of this show. Hopefully all the one's associated with the Super Pet Expo will not turn out this way.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #16
juggalo
I am glad you posted this thread because the website you have listed show that they will not be as close to me this year so I was going to drive to one of the shows in South Carolina all of which are a good drive.

You saved me wasting my time,money and gas I would have been ticked off.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #17
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestExHerps
I think it is very important to remember that (as was stated before) not all Repticon shows are put on by the same people. I also vend in SC and NC this year.....Cathy has always gone out of her way to make sure everything is right. I guess we'll just have to see what is said by the person that was in charge of this show. Hopefully all the one's associated with the Super Pet Expo will not turn out this way.
Can you see this?
http://www.repticon.com/

Where does it say "NOT PUT ON BY THE SAME PEOPLE" ? Tis is the promotion that made me want to go to the show..

Old 02-11-2007, 10:36 PM   #18
lillyorchid
Boy am I glad I didn't drive those few hours up there and back. I was REALLY REALLY thinking about going. Glad famil stuff came up today and kept me home. That really stinks for all of you who went and well were highly let down! John I know what you are talking about, that same thing made me want to go to it too. What a let down!

Old 02-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #19
Southerncat
Sam and everyone here is 2 links to the past two shows that we are involved:
http://www.repticon.com/atlanta/
and
http://www.repticon.com/columbia/

The pictures on each page ARE from that particular show.

These two shows were sold out, even though there was 2 vendors that did not show for Atlanta, and I can say the next show in Spartanburg SC in April is very close to being sold out too!

You know it takes trial and error to do things correctly sometimes.
Jasballs I understand where you are coming from, it doesn't say that but if you go to the contact page you will see who is the contact person for each show.

Danny & Cathy Elrod

Old 02-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #20
MikeRusso
Danny & Cathy

I cannot comment on the southen shows.. But, the REPTICON Show that we attended at the New Jersey Convention Center was a complete disgrace and everyone that attended deserves an explanation and a refund in my opinion..

For REPTICON to advertise on Kingsnake.com as a reptile show with THOUSANDS OF REPTILES and offer the "All the reptile vendors cancelled at the last minute" excuse is just crazy.. And, we ALL know it's a COMPLETE LIE..

I traveled 3 hours round trip from Long Island to NJ, I paid 3 admissions and was left standing there with several other attendees that were totally SCAMMED into attending this show by FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

Something needs to be done!!

As i mentioned in a earlier post I sent emails to every contact on the REPTICON site.. So far i have not heard from anyone. Maybe you can contact them and let them know that an response is justified.. Show us the list of all these supposed "Last minute cancellations"

Let's see if this issue is rectified properly..

~ Mike Russo

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!