Windfalls - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: What would YOU do with lots of free money? (more than 1 OK)
Buy **LOTS** of new reptiles 9 56.25%
Contribute some to Fauna ( a correct answer) 7 43.75%
Help your children 6 37.50%
Help your parents 10 62.50%
Tithe to the church 1 6.25%
Pay bills 12 75.00%
Whores and alcohol, maybe in that order, maybe not 4 25.00%
PARTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 2 12.50%
Contribute some to help the poor 5 31.25%
Buy chocolate for Lucille 5 31.25%
Go to the mall immediately 0 0%
Get a new house 7 43.75%
Buy a new car or truck 8 50.00%
Hire a housekeeper 1 6.25%
Buy beautiful nice things to make your boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband happy 2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
Lucille
Talking Windfalls

Windfalls are sudden unexpected amounts of cash due to good fortune and not to illegal actions like robbing a bank or printing the money yourself.
What would you do if suddenly you received, oh, $500,000 or so?

Old 12-15-2004, 09:14 PM   #2
bcfos
Another World Wide Booty Tour......

No really I have changed a lot since 1995 so now I would just invest the whole amount in say CB&R stock and wait till they manage to pick apart Rexel and sell off what is left.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:28 PM   #3
sirenofthestorm
If I came into money, I'd pay off my credit card bill, and my college loans, and then probably bail out my jerk of a stepdad and pay off the mortgage on the new house since his job in the auto industry is precarious now. Then I'd shop til I dropped

Oh and my little sister deserves a car and a cell phone, and I need a new car.

Old 12-15-2004, 10:06 PM   #4
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirenofthestorm
If I came into money, I'd pay off my credit card bill, and my college loans, and then probably bail out my jerk of a stepdad and pay off the mortgage on the new house since his job in the auto industry is precarious now. Then I'd shop til I dropped

Oh and my little sister deserves a car and a cell phone, and I need a new car.

And you then would be broke with nothing but a new Jeep and some crap with the Prada label on it. Plus make the stepdad sign the house over to you if you paid it off. As for the sister, don't get suckered in and buy a new car. get a dealer demo and save a few grand that you can put up for the high cell phone bill a young girl can run up in no time at all.

Old 12-15-2004, 10:24 PM   #5
sirenofthestorm
Ok first of all, there is nothing wrong with a new Jeep Unlimited with the inline 6. And for the record, I prefer manolo blahnik and coach to prada or louis vuitton or d&g, etc...

I wouldn't buy my little sis a new car, are you crazy???!!!! no point if she's going to wreck it, may as well get a nice used one and insure the crap out of it to pay for her next car lol.

Renee's usually on the phone because she can't go see her friends... and if she goes over, she gets the same deal my mom gave me: paying twice what the service provider charges for overages. I paid an extra $70 one month, and I never did it again.

Old 12-15-2004, 10:51 PM   #6
TooManyBurmese
I'd pay off my parents house, buy my daddy a new truck with the best seats money can buy (after 30+years of manual labor his body is shot), and I would get my little sister a nice Bronco for when she gets her license next summer (gulp!!). I would also pay off my old debts and try to get a house of my own, and get out of this tiny apartment!

Old 12-16-2004, 12:16 PM   #7
thecobrakid
Wink

Pay some bills and buy herps. Buy lots of friggin herps. I get to party all the time anyway. Life is good when you are the Cobra Kid.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:06 PM   #8
Lucille
Well of all the nerve, I expected everyone who looked at this poll to buy me chocolates........come on, vote the poll, and if you got that much cash, pony up for a box of Godiva....

Old 12-16-2004, 11:48 PM   #9
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Well of all the nerve, I expected everyone who looked at this poll to buy me chocolates........come on, vote the poll, and if you got that much cash, pony up for a box of Godiva....

I am a cheap ass.........

Old 12-17-2004, 12:48 PM   #10
Brownie55
Lucille,
How could you leave travel off the list? A sailboat tour of the Greek Islands would be a fine way to dispose of the extra cash. I'd send you chocolates from my tour stops....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!