Wanted Perentie Goanna (Varanus Giganteus) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
Efigs2007
Exclamation Perentie Goanna (Varanus Giganteus)

Hey everyone my name is Eddy. I have many species of reptiles and monitor lizards, the one animal i've fallen in love with ever since i was a child though was Perentie Goanna's. I've checked online all over to see if anyone breeds them in the United States or if anyone know's people who sell them? Hope to hear some positive responses back. Take care guys and girls.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
Efigs2007
Talking

Oh and if anyone wants to email me its [email]DiscoveryReptiles@yahoo.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
Johnantny
Slim to no way on this Australian species hitting the pet trade. Its Australian so it isn't legally exported. Also, its rarely bred outside of Australia so not much chance of surplus getting into private hands.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
Efigs2007
Yeah thats why i kind of thought, i contacted a big reptile breeder out of Australia but they haven't responded to me. I guess i thought with other Australian animals like blue tongue skinks, carpet pythons, lace monitors hell even scrub pythons on the market in the U.S that maybe Perentie goanna's might sneak they're way into the U.S as well. Well if anyone hears anything let me know =)
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-16-2009, 01:59 AM   #5
Efigs2007
So anyone have any news or info on Perentie's? Please only helpful replies.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
TailsWithScales
You won't hear to much if anything at all simply because the trade lines from Australia have been closed for .............. 10 years maybe. No import, no export. And it's more then a federal offense if you're caught. The only way is for a zoo to get them if at all. You can check the zoos around the nation and see but I do not believe there are Perentie stateside.

Old 10-18-2009, 03:16 AM   #7
Efigs2007
Ok thank you, i mean it completely sucks haha but thank you though. I just think it would be completely awesome to have one, i mean owning water monitors and whatnot are cool animals but for what ever reason Perentie's just really impress me and really catch my attention. Thanks though Christine
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread