C. aurita my new CBB Brazilian Horned frog arrived. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 PM   #1
Jawsofafrog
C. aurita my new CBB Brazilian Horned frog arrived.

My CBB baby Certophrys aurita arrived from Pat Kline Luxurious Leopards from Pennsylvania. He is currently the only guy offering CBB aurita on fauna. This is one of the rarely offered "Pacman" frog subspecies. This is a frog that is called the Giant Brazilian Horned frog in old books and documentaries. I read females are known to max out at 9 inches when they were described in the wild. Males are known to reach 5-7 inches I recently read. The second largest frog known is the Pyxiecephlus Adspersus, (African Bullfrog), so these definitely compete with that frog. I am keeping this baby in a large 24 inch long tub with coco fiber and a bamboo hide. Not to mention a shallow dish of water and a digital thermometer/hygometer. I will see how this baby grows up with Calcium supplement and multivitamin food.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
MomofDnNnD
That's a nice Aurita, Pat sure does have some nice frogs (I have a couple from him). Good luck with yours and make sure to post some pics as he gets older, I would love to see his size.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
Jawsofafrog
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDnNnD View Post
That's a nice Aurita, Pat sure does have some nice frogs (I have a couple from him). Good luck with yours and make sure to post some pics as he gets older, I would love to see his size.
I definitely will! Make a thread with you frogs or post a pic here.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #4
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsofafrog View Post
[My CBB baby Certophrys aurita arrived from Pat Kline Luxurious Leopards from Pennsylvania.
Thanks for posting who you purchased your specimen from.
Quote:
He is currently the only guy offering CBB aurita on fauna.
I would also bet that not many people have CBB C.aurita available at all.

Quote:
This is one of the rarely offered "Pacman" frog subspecies.
That is for sure.

Quote:
This is a frog that is called the Giant Brazilian Horned frog in old books and documentaries. I read females are known to max out at 9 inches when they were described in the wild. Males are known to reach 5-7 inches I recently read.
Wow...that is one impressive Ceratophrys size wise, that is for sure.

Quote:
The second largest frog known is the Pyxiecephlus Adspersus, (African Bullfrog), so these definitely compete with that frog.
That is for sure.

Quote:
I am keeping this baby in a large 24 inch long tub with coco fiber and a bamboo hide. Not to mention a shallow dish of water and a digital thermometer/hygometer. I will see how this baby grows up with Calcium supplement and multivitamin food.
Your set up sounds good, in my humble opinion. I can't wait to see more picture's of your specimen as he/she grows up. That was a fantastic photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDnNnD View Post
I would also love to see pictures of of your Ceratophryidae.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!