Inquiry Shannon Bray (slickslug) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:10 PM   #21
Keith Brady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbow Reptile View Post
I have known Keith Brady for about 8 years now. I have bought, sold, and traded multiple animals with him. He has been active and well known in the PNW for 25+ years, although he has scaled down significantly to producing only a few species over the past several years. You wont find him in any FB groups, he avoids the drama of the hobby. His Hypo Hog Islands are of great quality. He is several generations in on the project with great results. I have received multiple Hogs from him, as well as seen his breeders and holdbacks in person.
Thank you Ross.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #22
bwt501
Keith you're better off not doing business with these keyboard detectives. Their entire M.O. Is looking for minuscule crap to run to the BOI with.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:50 PM   #23
Keith Brady
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt501 View Post
Keith you're better off not doing business with these keyboard detectives. Their entire M.O. Is looking for minuscule crap to run to the BOI with.
Thank you.
Yes, wise words I believe you convey.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:57 PM   #24
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Brady View Post
"Not surprisingly" you write?!?!?!?! You were the one telling me I needed to take it down and to learn how to spell our last name?!?!? Saying that I was breaking the rules and that I needed to update the account under my name...
So I did. Then you wonder why I did so??!?!?
I think its pretty clear that it was a suggestion.....I cannot tell you what to do, you're a grown man are you not? Its not MY fault that you or whoever started the "slickslug" account cannot spell your last name. Is it really surprising that someone would find that unusual?

Can you honestly blame anyone for being skeptical, when literally ONE person in the last TEN YEARS in the entire online community of herpetoculture that I have seen thus far has even heard of you, let alone done business with you?

Calling yourself "big time" and offering proof that shows otherwise is not a becoming trait.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #25
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt501 View Post
Wrong. I was looking to protect myself and others from a possible bad transaction. I know enough through personal experience to never do business with someone who has ZERO feedback or presence online. Too many scammers and too many shady people out there not be diligent. If questions come up, they should be answered and the truth brought to light and everyone can be on the same page.

Finding info about Keith Brady or whoever was posting those Sunset Hogs was like pulling teeth. I didn't just check here on Fauna, either.

Also, the photo gallery that Keith linked does nothing in regard to lend credence to his "big time" breeder label. Its a photo gallery, nothing more. Nothing even hints at the fact those are your animals or that you produced them. Just species descriptions on the thumbnails. You could be a photo collector for all we know.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:26 AM   #26
Keith Brady
ahhh, 'nuff said.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:58 AM   #27
AllisonLeigh
Keith, my comment about English not being a 1st language was in no way directed at your ad, in fact it's what lead me to believe there may be a hacker making use of Shannon's Facebook since the ad was well worded and easily understandable and the screenshots from her Facebook were not. Made me wonder if her Facebook got hacked, which would make it look as if you/she aren't who you say you are. Don't take it as an insult, and don't be insulted by the investigative nature of those following the thread. It can seem they are out for blood, but 90% of the time it's they are out for the truth...
Having you here to answer the questions I'm sure will reduce the need for us to make assumptions that you could find offensive. Please don't take it as an insult, at least from my questioning. There have been "old time" breeder's who's names have been used by new scam artists, as the scammers know they aren't as involved online so will probably be less likely to catch on. Luckily the "keyboard detectives" like to do their best to make sure this doesn't happen. I say that term with the most possible love, as I appreciate the time these posters put into keeping the scammers in the spot light. Will an innocent party sometimes get illuminated by that spotlight? Sadly yes, but luckily this forums gives that person an equal opportunity to share their story. Just don't let it become "Keith vs Fauna" as that's not fair. If you look over the screenshots posted I'm sure you can see why there would be questions, we're just glad you're here to provide the answers!

Old 03-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #28
elena
After reading all of this, viewing the ad/s and the website, I think that Keith Brady is not a scammer or con-artist, but rather an individual who is unused to using this website and posting online advertising. If he rarely sold online in the past and had no online presence, chances are that many of his past customers don't use this site and therefor can't back him up. I say this because I am in the same boat. I've been keeping and breeding reptiles since I was a teenager, but to date I've sold almost none of them online. Now that my life and collection have changed in such a way that selling online is a necessity, no one has heard of me and I have only one BOI review, as a buyer. It's a set back. If I was interested in sunset boas (which I am not), I'd talk to Keith and see what kind of sense of him I could get. If he seemed knowledgeable and honest, I might take a chance on him, as I hope folks will be willing to take a chance on me this upcoming season. And I just might, if he ends up posting some lattes

Old 03-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #29
elena
That being said, Keith, I think people would be more interested in the type of animals you are selling if you provided some individual pics with prices and sex.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #30
DavidBeard
To be honest, I was VERY interested in purchasing one of those Sunset Boas. They look amazing. But the lack of information out there about Keith and his responses to my inquiries have left major doubt in my mind and there are too many other good, reputable breeders who will communicate with you and not be so vague. You can have the best looking animals in the world but how you handle prospective customers can make or break a sale. In this case, Keith broke one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!