Squirrels.... I hate 'em! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #11
sschind
Not sure which way to go with this one. My initial response was "don't you live in Florida?, I thought all those Burmese pythons were eatin all the other critters in Florida" but then I thought maybe "let a few Burmese pythons go, they'll eat the squirrels and with the tens of thousands already loose no one will notice a few more."

Either way, good luck with the squirrels.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #12
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschind View Post
Not sure which way to go with this one. My initial response was "don't you live in Florida?, I thought all those Burmese pythons were eatin all the other critters in Florida" but then I thought maybe "let a few Burmese pythons go, they'll eat the squirrels and with the tens of thousands already loose no one will notice a few more."

Either way, good luck with the squirrels.
I don't think the Burmese would survive this far north. It does get some cold nights here in the Winter months. But I did think about contacting a local guy who buys from collectors for resale to see if he could get me some HUGE local gray rat snakes to release around here during bamboo shooting season. I didn't want to do that before, because more than likely they would have shown up in the mouse building, but that isn't an issue any longer.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #13
chadharper
I was sad earlier today because I hit a squirrel that darted across the road.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #14
Lucille
One more good reason to avoid squirrels (and fleas):
http://www.chron.com/news/medical/ar...php?cmpid=hpbn

Old 07-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
Mistyck
When we go to the cabin up in the mountains of Cuba, NM, we always have to chase off the squirrels. It's come to the point where we just use them to site in the guns. They're nothing but pests!

Old 11-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #16
Lucille
Squirrels are evil geniuses. I love birds and bought a squirrel proof bird feeder last year, and buy seed so the outside birds (as opposed to my pet inside birds) have food especially during the winter.

The feeder works by having a perch which will lower and close off the posrts to the seed if something too heavy like a squirrel sits on it.
So today I caught a squirrel hanging off the top and eating up the seed, defeating the squirrel proof mechanism.

I have hung the feeder off the gas lamp in the front yard (which I don't use). It is on a 6 foot high slick-painted pole. I'm waiting to see whether the squirrels will try dropping onto the feeder from the tree above, but so far they haven't and the little birds once again are eating seed from the feeder.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #18
RAZR REPTILES
Oh come on they are not that bad , cute little guy's until they get in the attic lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!