Veiled Chameleon Photos: - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-15-2004, 04:28 PM   #1
elago
Veiled Chameleon Photos:

Here are some nice examples of healthy sunburst veiled stocks. I've really enjoyed the whole chameleon experience, and would just like to post a few photos of the various projects over the last couple years. Attached first are my original breeding set, here is the F1 male:
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2004, 04:33 PM   #2
elago
Female

Here is a shot of my original breeder female, also an F1 animal, which I procured in Late December of 2002 at 4 months of age. This female proved out in May of 03, at which point she laid 37 perfect eggs. Notice the fantastic colors, even for a female! Dusting every feeding goes a long way to add to the health and beauty of your animal...
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2004, 04:35 PM   #3
elago
Second Female

Here's a shot of the second female, who proved out in Early June 03, with 39 eggs her first clutch. She was gravid in the picture when it was taken.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2004, 04:38 PM   #4
elago
A few shots of the eggs incubating...

The next several shots are what hooked me on to chams indefinitely. Although the incubation period was VERY long, and at times frustrating due to its length, the end results were fantastic!
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2004, 04:40 PM   #5
elago
And here,

If you look closely, you can see the the slit in the egg where the chameleon is about to emerge from the egg. The following shots I caught on camera with my digital are what makes the hobby such an interesting and magical experience for me...
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2004, 04:43 PM   #6
elago
A little more magic....

And here, the babies are making their way out of the eggs just a little bit at a time. After 7.5 months of incubation, this sight was a blessing! Notice the eggs in contrast to the above picture I posted of the clutch incubating, you can plainly see how they collapse before hatching.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2004, 04:46 PM   #7
elago
Talking All the way out...

Here's a shot of the babies that have completely left the eggs and started wandering around. As they hatched, we removed them carefully and placed them into rows of 10 gallon aquaria (5 veileds per cage) on paper towels and small fake plants. Hatching the babies is the easy part- raising them up took a little more attention!
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2004, 04:49 PM   #8
elago
A snapshot

Of the end results, perfect little critters! They began eating a few days after hatching, little predators, and real animals!
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2004, 04:52 PM   #9
elago
And the end results?

This cham's photo is a picture of one of the holdback males at only 4 weeks of age. A friend of mine brought over a bearded dragon that was sitting on his shoulder, in a chair that was only a few feet away from the cages my veileds were housed in. He didn't like that dragon at all!
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2004, 04:59 PM   #10
elago
Lastly,

A shot of the above holdback male veiled at only 6 months of age as of this month. He's been a solid breeder veiled since (and has even replaced his own dad as a breeder!!!!!). He's got a solid few years of breeding left in him, and is bound to throw some beautiful babies! My first clutch of veiled has been laid for the year, and many more to follow! Thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoyed the photos, and ramblings! I have a link on my website (http://msreptilianhobbyists.fabpage.com) for additional photos as well as a care sheet for veiled chameleon care and propogation if anyone feels that veileds may be an undertaking that they wish to take in the future. Thanks for looking, and happy herping! -Eric Lago *MS Reptilian Hobbyists*
http://msreptilianhobbyists.fabpage.com
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!