considering becoming first-time owner: questions - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-18-2005, 11:58 AM   #11
niels
ha ha you must mean Ambilobe, not antilobe, but nevermind.
im not so much into hybrids, but if you dont want to breed them, then i think it's a great idea. they have lot of nice colors. I have to agree with your girl firend, the Blue nozy be is really awsome.

well you could still have a timer on the cage, even though you have the light on in the room or the tv is on. when i begon keeping chams, i was really afraid that they shoul get stressed, but after kepping chams for many years now, im much more calm.
I have a tv in the same room with my chams( or some of them) and EVEN if i have the light on, they will find there sleeping spot and get to sleep. Im not saying you chould have the light on, but once in a while there will be no problems. I still like to keep the room dark when they want to sleep, so offen i only have my tv on.

thanks matthias. yes keep away from glass aquariums, the air flow is a must. as you know im from Denmark, so cant tell you if they work.

"sorry if my questions sound repetitive: i just want to make sure that it's going to work so i don't buy and put the chameleon into a bad situation."

no that is just a good thing, many people dont read enough about them before they buy them.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:39 PM   #12
whitey4311
kammer's are exellent to deal with.I got my sambava from them.He ate and drank in the first hour of unpacking him.Their cages are the same as anyones so check ebay for some deals.
Good choice on the not using glass, i see you have at least done some reading to know better.
My chams are in the living room and their lights are off at 7 but we watch Tv till late, they may open their eyes at times to see what is going on but are not bothered by it.
All my info on supplements is from them so email them for their care sheets, they are full of good stuff for you to know. The lady you will talk to is so nice and gurantees perfect flawless chams to your door.She will even help you with any questions after the purchase and seems happy to do so.
They have my vote 100%.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:54 PM   #13
Chameleon Company
Hey Jack !!

JACK,
While I think that most of your advice is well-intended, if you want to be taken seriously, and considering the effort you put into your posts, how about fixing the ignorance in your name. Hiding ?

Jim Flaherty
The Chameleon Company, LLC

Old 05-19-2005, 12:32 AM   #14
whitey4311
basically so ignorant morons like yourself who like to see how much info they can have on a person.
That was a lame post man, go massage your chams and have a good night spanky. I'll send you a link for a mail order bride to keep you busy a bit.

Old 05-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #15
Chameleon Company
But you are the only one in this thread who has to hide behind a pathetic made up name, and then take cheap shots at others. Neils gave some good opinions, and yet you used your mask to deride him. Do you feel good Jack? Afraid to go in public Jack? What's the matter JACK ? For our foreign readers, "Jack Mehoff", or "Jack Melhoff" is a made up name that little kids use which refers to masturbation. Jack seems very familiar with the process. Its a shame, for while "Jack" has some knowledge, he also uses the silly identity to malign others. I would view all of his posts with a grain of salt.

Jim Flaherty
The Chameleon Company, LLC

Old 05-19-2005, 01:57 PM   #16
niels
thanks jim.

well i would never made any one angry and try not to call jack names, i just think it is stupid of him to tell any one that it kills and stress the chams, to keep them in cages made out of glass. ALL the people i know and even some of them from cham news use glass, so i really cant see whay he would say that. maby it sound logical that they will be stressed, but i have never seen it and im not new in chams.

people keep chams in diffrent ways and thats it. Im not telling any one that jack is not right, im only trying to help matthias.
thats all

Old 05-19-2005, 04:42 PM   #17
mattjillson
Well, "Jack's" advice in regards to housing is actually sound and you should strongly consider heeding what is said. I think the issue is how the advice comes across. The whole name thing too takes back from the credibility of the souce, maybe an alias with a bit more imagination would help - Dr. Richard Kimball, for instance, sounds important and is funny no less. At any rate, Niels, you should consider changing your set up as it will inevitably lead to your animal's early demise. Sure, you can keep an adult living in those conditions but not thriving for the long term. Glass is best suited for rearing baby Chams, not adults and even with babies it isn't the idea setup but it will get you by. Best of luck and while the source is spiteful they do make a point that you should strongly take a second look at.

-Matt

Old 05-19-2005, 07:24 PM   #18
whitey4311
LOL, thank you.
I dont see the point of listing ones identity on any thing internet related unless it is for buisness. I am not here for buisness and simply strongly disagree, like others, that glass is a mishap. If you would like to know my california license number let me know. Sounds pretty stupid to want to know ones name, for what purpose? You want to do some cyber bashing and beat me up old man? LOL, this place is often filled with pyschos like yourself that try to find whom they disagree with and harass them with knowing their personal info. Seems stupid to me to list your identity on the net and good luck with that.

Try responding to the threads and not go off topic with "old man" scarry tactics. At your age I repair hips often, be carefull.

So the glass issue seems to be settled. Anyone that tries to justify aesthetically pleasing cages for the trade of health and claims to have many friends, which might be 1 other person, needs to read up before they suggest it to other new owners. Going out on a limb as I hve done with my Mystic UV light set up is to be done with caution and close watch but not suggested as being a good starting point for newbie cham owners. I started with a veild and learned as I read and questioned many breaders ect before buying panthers. Not to say you cant start with a panther with doing some good research, but its not sound advice to say it works for me so its correct.
My lights emitt 10 times more UV than those 5.0 bulbs and some are affraid of them but I wouldnt reccomend it to new owners. I would say go with has been proven to work through publishing and use the 5.0 ect.
I think there are more concerns of supplements and that should be addressed from here. What cage he decides to use is the least of the worries to start owning a cham.
You can take my points how ever you want secondary to being ruffled about me snapping back at rude comments from the old timer who thinks I should disclose personal info. It was a lame attack that did not start on my behalf and ther person who initiated this had nothign to do with the conversation and still does not. He needs to stay on topic and not pick battles over the internet where one cant deffend themselves.

ON WITH CHAMELEON TALK BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE LOVE!

Old 05-19-2005, 08:52 PM   #19
mattjillson
In regards to your husbandry suggestions I believe you to be right on "Jack" but as I am sure you are well aware there is no one right way to do Chameleons. There is good and there is better as well as what works and what doesn't. If this guy can make the glass work for him and he is able to produce viable offspring that in turn produce offspring themselves well, success is success, right? I personally don't think long term it will work out but it could.

As for the comments on Jim's age, you should be looking more at it as Jim's experience. Jim knows more about breeding, hatching, raising and cage design when it comes to Chameleons than you or I for that matter will ever know in our entire life, bottom line. I've seen his Greenhouse, which is the largest Chameleon breeding facility in the World hands down and have worked with the animals. He is isn't producing chump offspring there and has 6+ year old breeders still kicking with quite a bit of life in them. His offspring at 3 months are the size of anyone else's 6 month olds and I don't care who you are that includes all the "big name" breeders and even the people who think they are big names. What he is doing is obviously right I'd say which lends much more weight to what he is saying than what you preach. Raising 2 animals right is very good but raising thousands perfectly is much better. Regardless of what you say about his age he's got experience in his holster to back up what he says whereas you don't.

I think the point Jim is trying to make is if you are after offering credable facts and want to be taken seriously with the pen name "jack off" you probably aren't going about it correctly. With that said, to me, good advice is good advice regardless if someone wants to be know as "jack off".

-Matt

Old 05-19-2005, 09:52 PM   #20
whitey4311
What the hell is this "jack off" thing? If i wanted to write jack off I would have. Meholf is my last name but know I dont go by jack for my first name, there is no other meanign to it. Is this what this BS Is about? I cant believe you sickos think of this stuff. I was wondering what the post about masterbation had anythign to do chams was for? Christ I didnt say he knew knothing or challenge his knowledge, simply chill the hell out and get off my back about what I guess now is an apparent name that you gave me. Jack off is jack off Jack Meholf is not even close to the same. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!