"mark" from Africa, Scam, or really a scam? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
Andy5283
Question "mark" from Africa, Scam, or really a scam?

There you go> "mark"

I had this scam the other day>

I had a guy from africa email me because i am looking for people to supply me with some nice tortoises, and he emailed me, and told me upfront he was from africa. He sent me his price list and the prices were not amazingly cheap but they were about average. I went along with it for a while. He said he wanted NO money upfront, all he needed was my address and if i wanted to use DHL or have them shipped to my nearest airport. He said, it would take about two weeks total for the process, because it had to go through customs, and cities ETC ETC, but then i stopped emailing the guy because i wondered why he really wanted my email address? Because what he had was sulcata's, leopards, bells hingedbacks and that stuff hasn't been imported in years and i knew right there that was a red flag. And for the fact he wanted to use DHL, but what do you guys think? He required no money down, and once i got the turtles and i thought they were ok, and i approved of them and they made the journey, then pay him.... Any thoughts? thanks

Andy Dorski

'Andys Turts and Torts'

RedoFootMan@yahoo.com

**All i can think is, its legite and he would just ship the turtles DHL and hope they made it with out being caught and then i would pay him?

Old 08-10-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
Finghin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy5283
but then i stopped emailing the guy because i wondered why he really wanted my email address?
what? if you were mailing him.. he already had your email address? i'm confused by this whole post really but i think i understand it all but that part...

Old 08-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
Andy5283
Oops sorry, i typed it so fast i wasn't paying attention: it should read:
Originally Posted by Andy5283
but then i stopped emailing the guy because i wondered why he really wanted my email address?

But should say:
but then i stopped emailing the guy because i wondered why he really wanted my HOME ADDRESS... sorry guys

Andy Dorski

Andys turts and torts

Old 08-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
pepperquill1
Hi,
Just for the record you can not import sulcata's, leopards, bells hingedbacks into the US from any country.
Thanks,
Holland Incitti

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!