Inquiry Dan at DTS Herps, Inc (Boca Raton, Florida) - Good guy? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #61
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Kathy, you are so right. The BOI is here for us to post our bad and our good experiences. It is up to the individual reader to make the final decision as to whether they wish to buy or sell to someone that is the subject of a thread, or threads, here. You have just as much of a reason to post your good experience as another has to post their bad one, and I for one hope you will continue to post on BOI threads and communicating to others your experiences, whether good or bad, and whether it goes against the majority of opinions posted here or not. I respect that, and I appreciate it too.

Well stated Kelli

Randal Berry

Old 04-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #62
MikeCurtin
I will tell you of my personal experience with Dan....not a transaction, mind you, but an experience.

In the midst of one of Dan's first BOI "blowups", I posted my number and asked him to call me so that I may be able to give him some advice on how he could best deal with what was going on. At the time, there was suspicion of IBD, and questions about quarantine due to some dead ETB's.

I suggested he relax and explain to everyone exactly what his QT procedures are, and that he sells only hots and colubrids, so no risk of IBD. He had just finished swearing to me that this was the case (anyone can check the python or boa sections on KS to verify....he really doesn't have numerous ads in each section...really, I swear.).

I also suggested he use better QT protocol than his kitchen counter, and used an example of a rat snake that I had given to a friend and had returned after becoming infested with mites at his house. I explained that if I had quarantined that animal in a common area of my home, the rest of my collection would have been at risk.

Well, when Dan got back to his keyboard and began being....well....Dan, I called him on it. I reminded him about what we had just spoken of, and made it clear that what he was typing was in direct contradiction to what he had told me. He was blatantly lying....period. In response, Dan began attacking me, and started making false statements about how I was crying over my dead rat snake (an animal that is currently being used in educational programs in Texas).

He is blatantly dishonest, and while not all animals he sells are sub-standard, he is a flipper who buys and sells with minimal concern for the well being of the animals in question. Sickly animals inevitably fall through the cracks of his strict kitchen QT. These animals are passed on to his buyers....along with the blame when said customer makes their dissatisfaction known. I could not in good consience buy from him, and any animal originating with him would require a 4-6 month off-site quarantine before entering my collection....and I didn't have to give him any money to reach that conclusion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!