Inquiry Dan at DTS Herps, Inc (Boca Raton, Florida) - Good guy? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #41
Southern Wolf
Bill.... as to those of us that have had dealings with Dan.... if you have posted on here at all in his threads then you have had dealings with Dan. If you posted anything other than how good his is then you felt the verbal wrath of him... wheither it was warrented or not.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #42
DAND
Okay, let's see here, we have folks who have had a good deal with Dan, folks who have had bad deals with Dan and there are folks who have not had any deals with Dan but have seen how Dan carries himself when deals go bad and put them all together and we have the debate which is this thread.

As being one who has not had any deal whatsoever with Dan but has witnessed a number of times the way in which Dan handles himself when a deal goes wrong, I can say that I would under no circumstance deal with or suggest that anyone else do business with Dan. Mainly because I do not believe he is trustworthy or honest which has been verified by his past posting.

For those of you who have had a good deal with Dan and feel less than a warm welcome when doing so or who have not done so after seeing another and their welcome when doing so. I don't care if you have had one good deal 3 years ago or 6 this year, your good experiences are not enough to negate the way in which Dan does handle himself when the deal goes wrong. Do each and every one of you who want to come here and toot Dan's horn honestly feel they would react any differently were the shoe on the other foot and you were on the receiving end of the bad deal and then suffered the rantings from Dan? Would you feel all warm and tingly inside when someone else came here and praised the person who just ripped you off and then called you half the names in the book because you wanted things made right or would you feel resentment towards the others for calling the one who ripped you off a good guy?

I for one would not show my support for someone who carries himself as Dan does regardless of how many good deals I may have had with him. Then again I have standards and will not deal with persons of Dan's caliber and if someone I am dealing with turns out to be I stop dealing with them and will pay more to get the desired animals elsewhere. Supporting people by still purchasing from them when they have been found to be as undesirable as Dan is condoning the way they do business just as continually posting support for said individuals here does.

Those people are people I would not do business with either. Condoning such business practices tells me that you either will or have conducted business in similar fashion and I for one will do my best not perpetuate these kinds of deals by supporting someone who is likely to be practicing business in an inappropriate way.

What really gets me is those who post in a positive manner for Dan are posting what is and should be expected in a deal. I'm sorry but communicating back and forth and sending out the animal in a timely manner and the animal(s) getting to point "B" alive and well is the way things should be done. To have to come here and pat Dan on his back for doing what he is supposed to do is laughable to say the least unless Dan is a helmet wearing, crayon eating imbecile. If he is then we have yet another reason that he should not be in this business/hobby.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #43
zzzdanz
Well said Dave

Old 04-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #44
Sssnakemom31
That is exactly my point - when you have a good experience with someone, you post it here. When you don't, you also post it here. One does not outweigh the other.

As far as how Dan deals with a negative shipping experience, that is extremely subjective. Did the buyer go on the attack? This will most certainly assure a hostile reaction from a seller. And maybe a seller HAS a defensive attitude, and their custmer service in difficult situations could use some work.

That doesn't mean that a good transaction should be dismissed as a fluke. There are good and bad transactions with any given animal seller; that's all I am saying, and don't expect everyone to assume the worst, or ask them to. Talk about handling a situation badly! Most likely, as Bill and Randal have said, people with good experiences are afraid to post.

I am done with this thread. I don't much care that Dan didn't handle a negative situation well. Since I wasn't there, I can't offer an opinion. End of story.

Kathy Weeks

Old 04-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #45
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sssnakemom31 View Post
. I don't much care that Dan didn't handle a negative situation well.
I would like to echo once again the sentiment of several, including myself, that your deal went well.

Russian Roulette. Some get a good deal, and that's a fact.

Would I put a gun to my head and pull the trigger? Nope. Would I likewise chance a deal with someone whose deals gone wrong, go really, really wrong with examples of customer service that must rate imho among the worst anywhere? Nope.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #46
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sssnakemom31 View Post
That is exactly my point - when you have a good experience with someone, you post it here. When you don't, you also post it here. One does not outweigh the other.

As far as how Dan deals with a negative shipping experience, that is extremely subjective. Did the buyer go on the attack? This will most certainly assure a hostile reaction from a seller. And maybe a seller HAS a defensive attitude, and their custmer service in difficult situations could use some work.

That doesn't mean that a good transaction should be dismissed as a fluke. There are good and bad transactions with any given animal seller; that's all I am saying, and don't expect everyone to assume the worst, or ask them to. Talk about handling a situation badly! Most likely, as Bill and Randal have said, people with good experiences are afraid to post.

I am done with this thread. I don't much care that Dan didn't handle a negative situation well. Since I wasn't there, I can't offer an opinion. End of story.

Kathy Weeks
Kathy your missing the point being made. Use the search function and research DTS. Every one of your questions will be answered and then you will realize how lucky you got with a good transaction. Im not saying he never has them. Im sure he has thousands BUT if there is a problem with the shipping prepair to get called everything in the book and then get your email address & phone number put on ignore.

To see him go into you dont have to attack. It only takes 3 little letters.... BOI and you could have even been telling him you started a good guy thread and he'd blow up on you.

Please... do the research and you will see why we are saying what we are. We have been here and dealt with it first hand.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #47
LauraB
Excellent post, Kevin. I agree totally.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #48
Iguanachic
This thread is quite interesting. I am usually a "to each their own" kinda gal but Kathy's point of view has me perplexed.

Essentially what you are saying Kathy is that even though you can go back and read the prior rants and raves by Dan himself you refuse to judge him because it didn't happen to you? So using that logic you would allow a convict arsonist to sit outside your house and play with matches and just hope for the best, right? You really live in the fast lane sister and I hope it works out for you in the end!

Old 04-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #49
Lindsay
Where is Sargent Joe Friday when you need him?

Some excerpts from the BOI Rules
"This forum is designed to serve the purpose of giving anyone...the opportunity to inquire about, or find already existing information concerning a person or business with whom they are considering doing business with.
...FACTS are what we are looking for. ...Opinions are acceptable as long as it is PLAINLY stated that you are stating an opinion.
...This will need to be in a format that will allow a reader to quickly find what they are looking for. "

Old 04-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #50
Amelanistic Orca
This thread is crazier than Clark Griswold getting ready to just "jump on in" with Christie Brinkley in the first Vacation flick.. Remember with his hands clappin in front of him, "this is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy!!" lmao.. Just saw that flick, took the time to read this over the past couple days with a back injury, and, I am glad that I only get my animlas from reputable boys, and girls, in my own backyard/AZ.. I love this site, and cannot imagine what could have been sent to me if I hadn't did my homework via this site: ie: the big BOI search on everyone in or outta state for me.. It is all about how you conduct yourself when caught, or in the dookie, and this does included customer service..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!