Good Guy Dan at DTS HERPS INC. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

View Poll Results: Dan at DTS Herps
Good Transaction 9 47.37%
Bad Transaction 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #11
VegasBilly
I'm receiving a Boiga Cynodon and a Sri Lankan Python from Dan next week. The former is in repayment for a snake I sent him prior (trade)..he knew what I wanted and as soon as he got one in he emailed me and set it up! He's even paying same-day freight. He had the latter posted for sale for quite some time and we discussed it more than once. As we've done many deals together over the last 5 years or so he said "I want him to go to a good home, how 'bout you take him and pay me what you think its worth".

Say what you will, but that is deluxe in my book.

If any facet of this deal goes wrong I will contact Dan in a mature and factual fashion and am sure a mutually satisfactory resolution will be reached. Just my humble opinion/observation here but it seems to me that jackpots occur w/Dan when a deal goes south and the buyer runs here to air their side of the story before allowing the man time to resolve it. Everybody reacts to conflict differently and I think when Dan feels threatened prematurely he tends to "go off". By no means am I condoning some of his rhetoric I've read involved in some of these conflicts, just my particular perspective.

I know again that this is contrary to the group mentality that pervades the mere mention of his name, so be it. As always, I can only legitimately comment on my personal experiences as these are the only ones I truly know all the facts about.

Bill (not Dan, not related to Dan, nor ever seen Dan in person)

Old 04-17-2010, 05:42 AM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBilly View Post

If any facet of this deal goes wrong I will contact Dan in a mature and factual fashion and am sure a mutually satisfactory resolution will be reached.
I hope so, but history does not show this to be a likely scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBilly
Just my humble opinion/observation here but it seems to me that jackpots occur w/Dan when a deal goes south and the buyer runs here to air their side of the story before allowing the man time to resolve it.
In fact, a reading of many of the BOI threads will show people coming here only after Dan has refused to work with them after a transaction mishap and has called them horrendous names. To me that is TERRIBLE customer service.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #13
Ric1987
how did you get ahold of him? I've been trying to reach him

Quote:
Originally Posted by boalove View Post
Nope, I am a woman, and I live across the country from him. Why, do I sound like Dan?

If anyone is having a hard time believing that Dan made a honest to god, great 100% healthy delivery of a Nile Monitor, I will gladly share my UPS tracking number and emails...Because I believe this man is a good man with a bad rep. And I am VERY happy that I listened to my gut instead of the negative rep.

He was a great to work with, had great customer service and I will work with him in the future if I decide to expand my Monitor collection. Thanks.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:07 PM   #14
oldworldlife
yes how do you get a hold of him he owes me hundreds of $'s

and take your monitor to the vet asap I hope for your other animals sake you quarantined anything that you brought from him.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #15
boalove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric1987 View Post
how did you get ahold of him? I've been trying to reach him
I contacted him via email. If you go on kingsnake look for his ad and email him, I have his number still too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldworldlife View Post

and take your monitor to the vet asap I hope for your other animals sake you quarantined anything that you brought from him.
Thanks for your concern, I am a veterinary assistant, so I have direct care at all times for all my animals...Scales and Fur.

Annywho, I can see why people have had bad transactions, I mean, I have had way better business with others, but I had a good transaction with Dan. Just my personal experience. Thanks

Old 04-19-2010, 05:51 AM   #16
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by boalove View Post

He was a great to work with, had great customer service
Quote:
Originally Posted by boalove
I can see why people have had bad transactions, I mean, I have had way better business with others
It is good to see that you have an open mind. You came singing praises, and even in this short thread (there are many other longer ones where people have detailed their problems with this seller) you have seen people who say they have had negative experiences with DTS, and half of the people who chose to vote the poll at this point have reported bad transactions.

Lots of people are passive when they have a bad transaction, they just take their lumps and never try to right the wrongs that have been done them. But I think that what makes people come forward when they have had bad transactions with Dan are his nasty and derogatory comments toward some of his customers when they ask him to make things right.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #17
oldworldlife
he doesn't answer any of my emails or phone calls

Old 04-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #18
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldworldlife View Post

For what does he owe you hundred's of dollars for, if I may ask?

Randal Berry

Old 04-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #19
hhmoore
Corey made a post about a month ago, in one of Dan's other threads, which included this statement:
Quote:
he took me even after knowing about him cause he has many different usernames and accounts at different sites I wasn't happy when I relized who I just sent money to.
Since you didn't provide details then, Corey, why not do so now? How about pointing out what different usernames Dan is using, so people are aware of them?

Old 04-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #20
KingBowser
Yes, like I have stated in previous Dan threads...I purchased some boas from him and they were healthy. However, the way he handles some situations is totally ridiculous. His behavior speaks volumes. Healthy animals or not, it's a gamble and he acts like a baby when he's called on a mistake. But, like they say, to each his own. The monitor is probably fine and should thrive, but who knows how many people will receive the emaciated ones that are left over.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!