Bearded Help - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-12-2007, 12:46 AM   #11
Reptile Adoptions
can i feed them baby rats? like pinkys because my rat just started having babies

Old 02-12-2007, 03:17 AM   #12
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile Adoptions
Where do you get a fecal exam done no one around here can tell ther head from there read end when it comes to reptiles! and what is the cure for them
Any herp or avian vet can do a slide for parasites. Call around and see if you can find one. As far as the cure, that would depend on what, if any, type of parasites they have.
I'm glad they're doing better. Now that they are eating and well hydrated, you can slow down on the soaks. Normally, once a week is about perfect as long as they are getting plenty of fresh greens.
Its great that the male is eating so well, one great thing about beardies is that fill out quickly when they have the proper diet. Hopefully the female will get on track too.
A healthy dragon can combat heavy parasitic loads, a sick one can not, so the sooner that female gets eating, the better.
Thanks for keeping us updated, I know I'm watching this thread with my fingers crossed for you!

Old 02-12-2007, 03:18 AM   #13
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile Adoptions
can i feed them baby rats? like pinkys because my rat just started having babies
Pinky rats are on the large side for a beardie, I'm not sure they could handle them.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:21 AM   #14
Reptile Adoptions
OK i have a uestion not bearded dragon related. i had taken in a large suppose to be female ball python the guy brings it over all scabed up and bloody says its eatten 2 in a month and only f/t mice. doesnt seem normal huge bite marks looks like rat bites. So i clean him or her up and put some neospone on the snake and tossed in two live mice he had them down and gone in 30 seconds . Woke up sunday morning with the snake ice cold and dead about 10 little magots where coming out of his side i have never once seen or heard of a magot imbeading into a snake. The guy said he wants to come see the snake that i should of put it in my freeszer and froze it. I took pictures that i have to get developed now is that a dumb idea to throw the snake away? o rshould i of frooze it. i really dont care to have a 1800 gram dead snake in my freezer

Old 02-13-2007, 08:48 AM   #15
Cat_72
See the answers in the Ball Python section.....

How are the Beardies doing? Be careful how many waxworms you give them...they are like Beardie candy.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #16
Reptile Adoptions
There doing alot better the female had the runs and now is solid the male is starting to rut hs head which he was just laying there at first and now he is doing alot better they are eating there sald and meal worms there mixed in there sald one way i got them to start eating but there doing alot better i think drnking and everything

Old 02-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #17
Cat_72
Good to hear.

I would still get fecals done on them as well.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #18
Reptile Adoptions
Yeah i plan on it i have to find a place that will do it though i have had a ball python for 4 months with an Ri and they gave me sttuff to give him shots and didnt do a bit of goo di was told to get some betral or how every you spell it

Old 02-13-2007, 11:48 AM   #19
Cat_72
Baytril is usually the first choice for a RI, do you know what he actually gave him? Tylan seems to work well on a RI that is resistant to Baytril.

Pretty much any vet can do a fecal....it's very basic stuff.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #20
Reptile Adoptions
amikacin .06 mil every 72 hours ever heard of it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!