An Awful Adoption Experience - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
SilverRaichu
An Awful Adoption Experience

Some of you know I am trying to adopt a dog. I started searching after the loss of Lucky, my 16 year old border collie mix. Its been hard because I am quite picky, I know what I'm looking for, I know what I want in my future dog which is why I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for.

(please dont send me links to rescues, petfinder, craigslist etc. I am writing this to share my story, and to add i have check every rescue/shelter from upstate ny to as far down south as georgia and as far west to ohio. chances are whatever you send me I saw it already)

So in my early search I did find a dog that I loved who I felt was perfect to me. He was located in a rescue a few hours from me in new york state. I am in northern new jersey but I am willing to travel for the right dog. But unfortunately he got adopted before I put in an application. So it was back to square one. After several searches on Petfinder, I cam across Connor, a border collie located in Knotts Island North Carolina.
I fell in love with him as I did with the dog in NY. I put in an application for him, but they declined me due to distance. Again, back to square one. But after a few weeks of searching, I couldnt shake him off me so with some helpful advice, I emailed them twice asking them to reconsider my application. I told them a little about myself, told them that I work at petsmart and I am knowledgeable with with pet nutrition, different kinds of toys, treats, etc, I also told them that I had a border collie and that I am experienced with this breed f dog. Also adding that I am willing to come down to pick him up and return him in the unlikely event that things didnt work out. From me to them is a little over 7 hrs and I was sure to add that in the email to give them an idea on how far I was. After this I surprising received a response that they would be interest in adopting him to me and that they would like to talk to me on the phone. So i responded with my phone number and let them know when I was available.
They didnt call the next day, two days later I emailed them on my day of letting them know that I was available to to speak to them anytime that day and still no word. A week went by still no word so I posted on their facebook page to see why they hadnt contacted me. I even tried to call them no answer. Finally after 2 and a half weeks, I left a final post on their facebook page. So once again, back to square one.
I dont understand why a rescue would tell me they would adopt to me and completely ignore me. This was upsetting to me. I really felt this dog was the best choice for me. The fact that someone would to this to someone else like that just shows me that some people cant be trusted no matter who and where they are

this is the rescue https://www.facebook.com/pages/Forev...669918?fref=ts

I hope that no one else should be treated unfairly as I did.