Rick Miller---proof? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:17 AM   #31
wyblep
Hello again everyone I was just wondering if anyone has any eggs on the ground yet from any of these miller hets? My female is about 1600 grams she has been bred to my albino at least 10 times so I am still waiting just wanted to see if anyone is close to proveing there Rick Miller hets out Paul

Old 05-10-2005, 12:45 AM   #32
NEWReptiles
Only one of my "hets" from Rick will be dropping this season.

She is at 1600 grams and has 5 eggs in here. She should drop within 40-60 days. I just hope the seller sticks to his word (I have signed paperwork and gaurantee) and pays me the loot I'm out.

I'll keep you all posted.

Old 05-10-2005, 08:58 AM   #33
herphobbyist
Rick Miller hets

Al,
Nothing to worry about. When I sold those hets to you I told you I didn't produce them but WOULD stand behind them. That is the reason I sold them at such a cheap price. My name and our friendship mean more than a sale to me. I have no problem buying them back. On the upside look at all the 100% hets you gained for raising them up. Ron Radloff

Old 05-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #34
wyblep
I have a female that is about 1600 grams also and she did ovulate so I will be getting the eggs from her soon. The guy who sold me miy Rick Miller het also gave me a guarentee from himself but if these dont prove out I dont think I would be happy with the Ill buy the back guarentee think about it what is a normal proven female worth these days? I dont think you should have to give the females back I think you should be given your money back and still be able to keep the snake. I paid 640.00 for mine so I didnt get her cheap and if she doesnt prove out I want my money back and I want to keep the female that I have raised from a baby and be refunded my money. You and Al can find whats right for you guys but I dont think that the whole buy them back guarentee is that great. Hopefully they will all prove out and we wont have to worry about any of this. Paul

Old 05-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #35
herphobbyist
incredible

Paul,
I doubt the seller will go for that preposteriuos refund!!! Basically you want all the marbles and the seller gets nothing!!! I would think the 100% hets you produced would be worth the time you invested and cover the expenses you incurred. Remember myself and the guy that sold you yours also got taken. If you want the money refunded and keep the females than I want half the babies. I sold Al 2 het females both for $600.00 or $700.00 I don't remember exactly but the receipt he has will tell. Al is a friend of mine not an internet sales I made. Besides you paid $640.00 for one female? I'm sure you can buy normal proven females for that price and I would imagine cheaper in most cases. Ron Radloff

Old 05-10-2005, 12:49 PM   #36
NEWReptiles
I have to agree with Paul Ron, I picked these up in September of 2002 and have been feeding them and taking care of them since.

Quote:
On the upside look at all the 100% hets you gained for raising them up.
Quote:
I would think the 100% hets you produced would be worth the time you invested and cover the expenses you incurred.
Every het I sell comes with the guarantee that if they fail to make a homo morph, I will GIVE the buyer a homozygous female of that morph. After all, thats what they bought it for in the first place.
You must remember, people don't buy hets to make hets, I bought them so I could make albinos.

Ron, our friendship does change the deal a bit, so I guess we will just have to see what happens.

Quote:
Hopefully they will all prove out and we wont have to worry about any of this. Paul
I too hope this is the case as it will eliminate the potential "whats right for a refund" problems that could come up down the road.

Old 05-10-2005, 02:30 PM   #37
NEWReptiles
Quote:
I would think the 100% hets you produced would be worth the time you invested and cover the expenses you incurred
What happens to those that are breeding het males to Rick Miller hets? Are possible hets fair enough as far as compensation?

Quote:
If you want the money refunded and keep the females than I want half the babies.
Now this really is out of hand....HALF THE BABIES?.....I spend 4 grand on an albino and 600 on 2 het girls. You really think its fair to ask for REAL hets from these clutches?
I bought 100% hets
I raised them
I paid for the albino male sire
I bred them

Its way to early for this as eggs are not even cooking yet, but that post really struck a nerve with me.

Old 05-10-2005, 02:56 PM   #38
wyblep
Wow Ron that has to be the most ridiculous guarentee I have ever heard. First of all it is not my fault you got taken so why should you be able to pass the loss onto your customers. What you are saying is if you get burnt its OK to burn your customers. I have a group of het pieds that I bought last year I am currently questioning them so I cannot and will not sell them. It is up to me to raise them up and prove them out one way or another. If you got burnt it is up to you to go back to the person you bought them from and get a refund from them. But it is still your responsibilty to take care of Al regardless if you get a refund or not from the person you bought them from. That is why I do not sell hets for other people.If one of my hets do not prove out they will get the morph from me. if you are going to say that Al got a clutch of het albinos from those hets and that should be enough that is total bullsh%$. That definitly would not fly with me. Think about it he should have produced a few albinos from this clutch so he is now out 4000-6000.00 When you put your name and guarentee on these hets you took full responsibility for these just like you produced them yourself.I hope you do the right thing here because if not I am sure you will be loosing plenty of future sells. Paul

Old 05-10-2005, 03:01 PM   #39
herphobbyist
Al

Hopefully you misunderstood what I wrote. Paul said he wanted to keep the females and then be reimbursed ALL the money he paid for them. I said if that were the case then I'd want half the babies since I in effect would be paying for HIS females. I wouldn't expect that to happen but then again I wouldn't think he'd want the females for free! When I sold those to you I said if they didn't prove out I'd buy them back. I didn't produce them so it would be ridiculous for me to make any other guarantees. Had I produced them then it would be totally different. I AGREE you bought those hets hoping to produce albinos. But now if they don't it doesn't mean the buyer gets them for free. Agreed you may not get any albinos but the hets are worth more than what it cost to raise the females in the first place. I didn't charge the going rate for female hets in the event they didn't prove out. I doubt I'd get reimbursed the difference had they proved out if I posted a complaint. Hell I wouldn't even ask for one knowing the circumstances going into the deal. I had no idea Rick was scamming people at that time. He sent me a pic of the albino breeding a female. I traded him snakes worth more than I sold those hets for so I had already taken a loss. I gave you a GREAT price on them at that time just IN CASE!!! Now I'm willing to do what I said I'd do. Ron Radloff

Old 05-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #40
NEWReptiles
It is early, but I have to ask.

In the case these two girls prove to be normal, your saying that I will recive $600 from you and I will in return give them back to you?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!