Info Global Captive Breeders - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #1
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
Global Captive Breeders

ok heres the story:
around late sept. i contacted mitch about a pair of blue tree monitors he had for sale on kingsnake for 1000$. i sent the paid asap and was told that he would be shipping via delta dash. my local delta dash closes at 11pm and the plane was not arriving till 1045pm. i paid the guy at the desk a extra 50 bucks cash if he would wait and get them due to the fact i didn't want them to get cold. i opened the box at delta par micths instructions and made sure they were alive. they where cold but alive so i brought them home and got them in there setup.
about two weeks later the female began to look weak. i called mitch and he told me to lower my humidity (which was at 60%) and lower the temp ( witch was at 86 hooked to a herpstat) and she if she did any better in a day or so. the next morn it was dead. i called mitch and he told me he would replace her with a baby blue tree for xxx$. i was not thrilled that it was going to cost me more money but thought it was better then nothing. we both agreed that it was getting chilli and should wait till warmer temps.
i woke up to find the other blue tree dead the other morning. i took it to a local vet and she found ticks on him. now mind you that these are the only animals i have gotten that i was told were c/h and parasite free from anyone! i deal in mostly balls and have bought all of them from trusted breeders and know they are all c/b. the vet a friend of mine told me that she believed them to be w/c and not c/h. she told me she was sorry that this happen and didn't charge me for the look over. i brought the blue home and put it in the freezer. i sent mitch a e-mail and ask him how we could deal with this cause i feel as tho the blues were sick when i got them. i'm waiting to hear back from him and just thought i would start this thread to keep everyone informed on what happens.
i would also like to hear what everyone thinks would be fair? i think i'm intitled to something considering that the animals were w/c not c/h. the only reason i didn't notice the ticks is because i was told not to handle them they would stress easy. i have talked to other blue breeders and told them how they were setup and they all said they should have been fine! any one who knows me knows that i am a freak when it comes to taking care of my reptiles and only buy what i fell is the best for them. i setup a whole canopy for them with misters,t-stats,uvb/uva bulbs and timers. i bake all my mulch just to be safe and use throw away deli cups for water bowls that i change twice a week or when ever needed. i also use f-10 to clean everthing.
this is not a bad guy thread! i have not heard back from mitch yet so i'm not sure what he is going to do! i just want everyone to know what is going on and will update this post either way!!

thanks all,
bruce angelini