limit this site to sells for pet. propagation. education. collecting purposes - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #11
justatwinturbo
My idea of (fauna) classifieds, is the sale of animals intended for personal collection. The sale of rodents, insects, etc. on this site, are intended for the consumption of the fauna we keep. Allowing the sale of animals for human consumption had turned this into an online grocery market. Now, the striped neck musk ad, that's different. They don't eat that species there, they are highly praised. Your opinion on selling wc animals, brings up a different and never ending debate, that I don't care to be a part of. But for food, I whole heartedly agree that it should not be allowed here. What if he had it cut up already, and packaged? Pictures of lbs and lbs of snapper meat? It would be no different than what that ad is. I don't have a problem with people eating them, hell I've tried it. But that kind of sale, should not be allowed here. We could maybe rename the site faunaplusgamemeatclassifieds.com. What if someone was advirtising deer by the lb, or even dog by the lb?

Old 05-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
GekkoCorner
I almost got banned for posting a reply about this problem on one of the 'Honk Kong' adds by mistake

Anyways my view on this, and the way Fauna should handle these adds is the 'IFINS rule' Ifins Use Looks Lik Use Iz... Den Fer Sur Use Iz.

Basically if one add looks like its advertising animals that are to be used for a food market they should not be allowed on this site because they are probably to be used for food... But then again I see the problem when it comes to feeder animals such as lizards, feeder snakes etc.... Hopefully a solution can be found.

Is sad to see our own Native animals being sold this way.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #13
rcarichter
I can also see the really blurry line, but somehow this crosses it for me. Kind of like the guys who hand out KKK fliers in my Target parking lot. Everyone has the same rights, and there's always someone trying to take those rights away, but selling herps by the kilo on Fauna for human consumption (which, to me, is obviously what they're doing) is really off-putting.
If they're really selling them as pets, as the screenshot of his messages indicates, perhaps he should say so in the ad. It may turn away the buyers of human food, but that would be okay with the seller, right?
Just my opinion. Thanks for listening.

Noelle

Old 05-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #14
kanozig
exactly. and I have erection problems, so lets kill every last black and white rhino on the planet because some witch doctor medicine person says it can help, lets slaughter every elephant off the face of the planet like the 800 they found dead in month so some guy can feel like he is young again... heck why stop at animals, they grind up baby fetuses and make them into pills because it makes you more youthful...

they test toxic chemicals on innocent dogs so women can have nice make-up.

I get where you are going. and I understand the whole line thing... getting back to fauna, I find it insulting to see American wild life pulled out of its habitat, slaughtered and then sent to a foreign country, just as much as people dont like seeing their jobs being sent overseas, I doubt they are trying to find a cure for anything with these turtles just as much as obama is not trying to stop violence by taking all of our guns. china can do- eat what they want. in China... there is a reason why you cannot goto a apple bees. mc donalds, bk, olive garden and order turtle... I most certainly do not go on pet finder or kijiji looking for kilos of dog meat... that.... is where i find it a inappropriate place to list animal meat for sale

Old 05-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #15
Ron Allen
In answer to webslave/ Rich. Yes your opinion is enough. This is your website. Rich Zuchowski/Webslave/Fauna Classifieds does in fact IMHO condone and approve of the deplorable trade in wildlife to Asian food markets.
Your silence gives consent.
Plato

Old 05-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #16
brd7666
Well, I'm not going to read all of these posts. But as long as someone is not breaking any laws, than they should be able to sell whatever they want. One turtle, or ten thousand turtles. It's called "DOING BUSINESS". Such is life. I think people need to get over it. If you don't like it, then move on to something more suitable for you. It's that simple.

It reminds me of those people who complain about a radio personality. If you don't like what they talk about, don't listen.

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #17
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Allen View Post
In answer to webslave/ Rich. Yes your opinion is enough. This is your website. Rich Zuchowski/Webslave/Fauna Classifieds does in fact IMHO condone and approve of the deplorable trade in wildlife to Asian food markets.
Your silence gives consent.
Plato
In answer to you: If you don't like the way I run this site then don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #18
GekkoCorner
Funny to see that most of us Replying and disgusted by these Adds are Contributing Members. I think this should be important to the Moderators and Fauna owners etc.

We do like Fauna and are happy to contribute to this site, but I feel that if this sort of trade is allowed here it means that I am contributing to that cause myself since my own money is used to maintain this site....contributing to the Trade of animals for food markets on Asia seriously makes me want to take my money elsewhere.

We hear about Rhinos, Whales and all type of endangered animals being poached and killed to used in these same markets. The last think I want is for these cowards to go to the same website I use daily to buy/kill/ and eat our own Domestic Fauna.

How sad...

Old 05-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #19
kanozig
wow.. nicely said, yes we are all contributing... we contribute for the love of animals... webslave says... hey you dont like it.. tough and leave... sounds like most these people just dont want to hear us cry for these poor stupid turtles...

Old 05-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
justatwinturbo
Yes, my way or the highway. How American of you.

I don't think the debate here, is if we should allow people to send x amount of turtles overseas. It's if we should allow people to advertise food. I wonder how long it would last if I posted an ad for 5 dollar pizzas. It should be ok, since it has meat in it, it was once alive and considered fauna.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!