Problems with classifieds - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Focal
Problems with classifieds

I've been having issues with accessing the classified control panel and attaching images. Out of the last 6-7 times I've tried to access the CCP, only a couple times would it access the CCP and normally it will just default to the fauna homepage instead. I have to enter a thread and then access the CCP. This is happening on both my Apple cell and windows laptop.

More concerning, for the last several months (maybe longer), my phone will only allow me to upload one image per thread. If I try uploading a second, it will replace the first image. I thought this was only on my cell and lived with it, but recently, I've started posting ads and need multiple images and I am experiencing the same problem on my laptop.

Any advice, solutions or similar problems?

Old 08-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Focal
Ok, may have jumped the gun. I believe my error was both files had to be present on the second device in order to add an additional photo. Once I saved the both photos to my laptop and uploaded at the same time, both were uploaded. When I try to add one, edit and then add another, it will just replace the first.

However, there is no solution for the iPhone. It one upload per post and that's it. Any additional upload will just replace the first every time.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
More concerning, for the last several months (maybe longer), my phone will only allow me to upload one image per thread. If I try uploading a second, it will replace the first image. I thought this was only on my cell and lived with it, but recently, I've started posting ads and need multiple images and I am experiencing the same problem on my laptop.

Any advice, solutions or similar problems?
Sorry, but I do not use handheld mobile devices to access the internet, and quite likely I never will. I've got enough problems with my aging vision without pushing myself rapidly towards complete blindness staring at a dinky screen all day long to do the stuff I need to do on these sites. Heck I have a 26 or 27 inch screen now and am thinking of looking around for a larger one. I hate to do anything on the net even with my smaller laptop screen.

So the point is, that if I can test new code put into this site to make it more compatible with handheld devices, then I'm not going to be using that code. I'm sure the newer versions of vBulletin are likely more compatible with handheld devices, but the word on the street is that after Internet Brands took over Jelsoft, the product went down the toilet. Having the original developers jump ship there certainly couldn't have helped. So a suitable migration path for this site is problematic.

Besides, I'm having enough problems keeping this site running without introducing even more variables to have to deal with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!