background material - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-18-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
The NY Gecko
background material

what do you guys use for back ground material. i found that bright blue cloth works really, really well. i took some pics of my albino on it and he looks like nothing you would believe. just wonderin what the pros use

Old 11-18-2005, 09:07 PM   #2
groovygeckos
No pro, especially at pics, but Im using black felt. Its actually the inside of my guitar case LOL

Old 11-18-2005, 09:18 PM   #3
KelliH
For the longest time I just took their pics on paper towel. I still think it looks good that way. Lately I have been using a flat piece of rock that used to be in my ackie tank.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:11 AM   #4
Golden Gate Geckos
A plain white sheet of paper.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:25 AM   #5
DontShootMe
Well what color is the best to take pics of your gecko showing the best colors. But I see that with some backrounds it kind of enhances the colors making it look alot brighter than it actually is. So far I think Natural sunlight on a dark blue looks greatest but not a direct sunlight because I think the direct sunlight tends to make the colors fade.

Old 11-19-2005, 09:27 AM   #6
hill4803
Took these last spring for my website. All were in natural sunlight. I also have green and a bronzey/gold color, but I use those for the snakes. The fabric is cheap and I can get pretty much any color from super wal-mart or Michael's.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!