Dan Scolaro at DTS reptiles..shady business - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:40 AM   #1
jburrut
Angry Dan Scolaro at DTS reptiles..shady business

Hi,

My name is Jesse Barrett. I purchased two adult WC female viper boas from Dan Scolaro at DTS reptiles in florida. Danscolaro@aol.com. About a week and a half ago for $225.00 total. Tuesday the 29th of april was when The snakes arrived. I've been into reptiles, mainly boas for ten years plus, and everytime I get new snakes in I always treat them the same. I gave these two girls a sizeable rubbermaid shoe box half heat and a soakable water dish for them.

So I recieved the animals april 29th, I it least wait a week for the snakes too acclimate and get used to their new homes. may 3rd saturday night, I went too check up on them. and one of the animals was stiff dead, upside down.

I e-mail Dan about that animal which he told me we would be out of town on a herping trip and would take care of the situation when he got back.

In the mean time The other female is still alive, may 7th it was a wednesday, I tried feeding her a pre killed mouse, hoping that she would eat. She did not.
That next day may 8th the second female was dead.

Dan guaranteed live arrival which they arrived, he also guaranteed that the two snakes were healthy and would eat accordinly. One of the two snakes didn't make it long enough for me too even attempt to feed it. The other didn't feed, nor live.

I contacted Mr Dan scolaro via phone and via e-mail, I was only repsonded too via e-mail. I asked him too help me with this situation we discussed replacing the two animals. But his offer towords that was me sending him $100.00

I just don't understand, how this guys product is false and pretty much died after one week. I've already put down $225.00 for two snakes that died. How am I suppose to feel comfortable sending him $100 more of my money for animals comming from the same sorce.

Here is an actual e-mail from dan stating what I'm talking about.

Jesse: I am not sure what you are reading as the guarantee is live arrival when delivered on time with express delivery service. As was the case, they arrived alive and appearing fine according to your report so like I said, I can replace 2 for 100 shipped is the best I can do.

Dan

In a message dated 5/13/2008 12:23:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

My complait too the Board of inquiry and everybody else is too pretty much just watch out with what this guy sells. I stand behind my animals 100% and in the past have delt with people with similar qualitys ,if a snake dies one week after it was purchased I feel that there should be some sort ownership to that particular animals that were sold too me.

Pretty much I got burned out of $225.00 of my hard earned money.I'm just glad I didn't spend anymore money on this guy. The least I hope is that Dan went out and had a good time spending my money. Thanks Dan your great!!!

Anyone interested in hearing more about Mr Dan, please feel more than free too contact me, via e-mail I will respond ASAP!!!
Jburrut@aol.com

Old 05-13-2008, 02:55 AM   #2
critical bill
Truly sorry to hear that Pal. I see you are new and its your first post so its not like you could have been warned about Dan Scolaro.

Here is a link to another Dan Scumlaro thread on fauna below. Its a very long thread and for good reason. Basically it starts off with a bad deal he had with a customer but it turns into a boa he recently sold to a customer that died and was necropsied to have IBD. If you know what IBD is then you understand the seriousness of this. You should send those animal bodies out for a necropsy immediately to see if you also received snakes from him with IBD.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=110039

Old 05-13-2008, 02:58 AM   #3
jburrut
Just some more info..

I forgot too add the information where I first met dan, I'm not sure if he's selling any animals anywhere esle. But Where I first came accross his adds were on kingsnake.com Via the other boas section.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:05 AM   #4
critical bill
Hey Danny Scumlaro, I doubt you have the courage to come here and face the music again with another failed transaction and unhappy customer. I just wanted you to know that I knew this latest incident was totally predictable and only because you suck! Your guarantee sucks! The quality of your animals suck! YOU SUCK! Your business sucks! The only place you can peddle your sucky ass sickly animals is KS because I think they suck too and they don't care that they suck just like you don't care.

Even the military said you sucked when the discharged you from service.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:09 AM   #5
Dan Scolaro
Recently Jesse purchased 2 wild caught viper boas and they arrived alive per the agreement.

He examined the specimens and reported they were in good health and was very satisfied that within a few days, he asked to purchase more.

A week or so later he said both died and demanded a cash refund.

I offer to extend the guarantee to 2 more boas for 25 dollars. He turned down my kind offer and telephoned at 2 AM demanding cash and threatening bodily harm.

Dan

Old 05-13-2008, 03:11 AM   #6
jburrut
LOL funny you said something about his military back round, I told him if i were to spend anymore money it would be too buy a plane ticket down there too speak too him face too face. his response was he's been in the military for 20 years and would "whip my ass" real class act, Mr dan is.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:11 AM   #7
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburrut
I forgot too add the information where I first met dan, I'm not sure if he's selling any animals anywhere esle. But Where I first came accross his adds were on kingsnake.com Via the other boas section.
I knew that before you said where you came across him. KS is the only place he can sell his animals. Everyone else knows he sucks so thats the only place he has left.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:17 AM   #8
Dan Scolaro
Chuck: Are you still jealous or is all that suck talk an invite?

Dan

Old 05-13-2008, 03:21 AM   #9
jburrut
Dan,

Your product is garbage, you guaranteed them healthy and they would eat... one died before i could feed it the other didn't eat then died the next day....sooo wheres your argument, pretty much I agree with the other guy that doesnt like you either, your a scumbag. and yeah, I had to call you at 10:30 pm my time too actually get through too you. either way, carma is a beotch and i'm sure there will be pleanty of it comming your way if you keep burning people the way you do

Old 05-13-2008, 03:29 AM   #10
Dan Scolaro
Jesse:

Your complaint holds no water and is not even legit.

I met the purchase obligation of live arrival and was kind to offer 2 more for only 25 dollars.

Sad to say that after you threatened harm, I retracted the offer. Your threats of harm and negative threads/posts will not sway my decisions.

Dan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread