Matt - MG Reptiles (Bad Guy) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:15 PM   #71
varnyard
Matt is still in business, buyers beware!!!

http://www.reptileclassifieds.com/mg...e-o417-en.html

Old 02-29-2008, 11:35 PM   #72
joepythons
wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Matt is still in business, buyers beware!!!

http://www.reptileclassifieds.com/mg...e-o417-en.html
I thought that site stopped existing way back when like Matt .Good catch Bobby

Old 02-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #73
NathanLedet
oops....

Date Added: 10/06/2006 Last Updated: 10/06/2006

Matt is long gone

Old 04-24-2008, 12:17 AM   #74
Brendan
If this is the same MG Reptiles that I dealt with back in 2004 then all of you should pay attention.

This is no joke. His name to my knowlege is Matt Goldman and hes a lying sack of shit. I know because I called him on it after leading me around by the nose for almost 6 months. I happened to find out more about him through an anonymous accompliss and when I confronted him on the phone with more vigor than a hive of angry hornets, to my suprise he didnt refute but instead realized he was caught and coward away. I demanded my money back and threatend much more than a lawsuit. I was lucky enough to actualy get my $2000 back. Yes $2000 of my wifes hard earned money.

It started when I responded to an ad by Jon Light for an adult het Albino female ball python for $2k. Back then that was a good deal. Too good to be true but I was naive and new to the community. This was the first large amount of money I dropped in one basket. After agreeing to send me the female Jon Light told me that the female had a bad eye and he felt dumb sending an imperfect animal. To make up for it he offered 5 baby het Alb females for the $2k. That was hard to resist since they were selling for $800 each at the time. I specificaly requested legitamate paper work for future referance. When the box arrived the animals were packaged very poorly and the paper wk wasnt even worthy to wipe my ass with. I complained and Jon wasnt sure how to resolve the issue. I tried to help by creating my own ruff draft of an acceptable reciept but Jon became uneasy and revealed to me that he wasnt responsible for the snakes but that it was his "partner" Matt Goldman. Matt called me and instantly made me feel like he was my best friend. Very smooth talker. He pretended to be concerned about my disatisfaction and promised me legitamate paper wk. He even promised all kinds of extra goodies to make up for the inconvenience such as a true albino ball python the following year when they hatch. He claimed he breed all kinds of snakes. He claimed that he was babysitting "FLUFFY" Bob Clarks huge burmese python. He claimed he was good buddies with Ben Seigal and Kevin McCurly. At the time it was Jon that I had a bitter taste for and Matt and I talked frequently. But time went on for months and no paper wk. Matt continued to promise this and promise that. He made up all kinds of excuses saying that his mom was a lawyer and that he was going corporate soon and she would sign everthing to make it fancy. Blah Blah Blah! Eventualy I started talking to Jon Light more and learned that they arent realy even friends. They met each other and decided that Jon would play "broker" for a bunch of animals that Matt would provide and get rich quick. Supposedly Jon never knew where the animals were coming from but he would post ads to strike interest long before he even had the animals. Jon also told me that he was becoming uncomfortable around Matt and that Matt was actualy a crank dealer. Jons personal feeling was that the baby balls I had were probably just imported normals. He apologized for the deception. I was furiated and concerned because the $2k was my wifes hard earned money and no one likes to be ripped off. I called all the Big Wig referances Matt bragged about being friends with. None of them knew who he was. I called Matt and chewed him out good. Instead of being the conversation dominating loud mouth talker that he usualy was he didnt say anything but "ok". I received my money a few days later. Then I asked him what he wanted done with the babies. He said to ship them back but when I told him it was going to cost $75 he decided to let me keep them. Hmmmm....$4000 worth of baby snake and hes not willing to pay $75 to ship them back?
I kept them. All but one shortly died. The one I kept I raised up and she laid her first cluth of eggs yesterday 4/22/08 sired by a YB. She still isnt proven out but I dont really care at this point.
As for Jon, I got to know him a little better through phone conversations and felt more comfortable. I dont think Jon is a bad guy but Im not sure to be honest. He's definately unwise for getting mixed up with a loser like Matt.

This post is specificaly for Matt Goldman of MG Reptiles. If for any reason it can be proven that the Matt discussed in the above post by Martino Reptiles is not the same Matt Ive been comenting on, I apologize for misplacement of this post but I do not apologize for exposing him for the scumbag he is.

The End

Old 04-24-2008, 01:38 AM   #75
ravensgait
Brendan, different guy.. Randy

Old 05-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #76
jim scharphorn
Back about 3 years ago I tried warning you folks about Matt but instead I was slammed by a bunch of you because you all praised him. Well thanks so much for slamming me and I hope the ones that slammed me got burned by him.
I did not read through these posts and I do not plan on it.
I will except apologies from some of you.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 AM   #77
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim scharphorn
Back about 3 years ago I tried warning you folks about Matt but instead I was slammed by a bunch of you because you all praised him. Well thanks so much for slamming me and I hope the ones that slammed me got burned by him.
Sometimes people make mistakes about things. We misjudge, we see things as they appear at the time. Matt was pretty good at covering things up for a while. It wasn't as obvious to many, as it was to you at the time.

It's called being human. We are prone to mistakes. I'm sure you've experienced this before.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #78
jim scharphorn
Yup We all make mistakes.
I was slammed pretty hard on this subject and I have not forgotten.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #79
reagorfu
Quote:
man alive, you weren't kidding! they were all over you for saying that you did not like Casey's racks too. what a load of bull. i hope more people will go back and read those threads to see how vicious all of those people were. i guess all of the scammers out there know who's good side they need to get on before they start ripping everyone off.

thank you for posting on here and letting us see how bad this place used to be. the same people got mad and tried to tear appart someone else who blew the whistle on mark miller too. hope that your business is doing well.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:12 AM   #80
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by reagorfu
man alive, you weren't kidding! they were all over you for saying that you did not like Casey's racks too. what a load of bull. i hope more people will go back and read those threads to see how vicious all of those people were. i guess all of the scammers out there know who's good side they need to get on before they start ripping everyone off.

thank you for posting on here and letting us see how bad this place used to be. the same people got mad and tried to tear appart someone else who blew the whistle on mark miller too. hope that your business is doing well.
Garbage! Just garbage.
I've been gone a week and haven't been logged in at all but I believe this post needs to be addressed. So does Jim's. He was attacked for the way he handled things. Not for giving an opinion. Let's take a look at his statements about Casey's racks.

Quote:
I cannot believe how many people are impressed with these racks. I think they suck, This is why I started building racks myself because I think his stink.
Quote:
This is why I started building racks myself because I think his stink.
He is a competitor to Casey. What he did on the BOI was low. He didn't just give an opinion he came on with guns a blazing attacking his competition and this site. His attack against Casey on his good guy thread was completely unwarranted. He also then when on to attack Casey's customer service.
There was never before or in all these years since one single complaint about Casey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reagorfu
i hope more people will go back and read those threads to see how vicious all of those people were.
I hope so too. After all the crap he posted about Casey he then went on with his complaint about Matt. At the time there had never been a bad guy thread or post about Matt and he had hundreds of positive transactions. It was the way he made his complaints that drew fire more than the complaint itself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!