Bad Guy Brandon Griffey - Page 32 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #311
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Anybody else think that, in the absence of participation from the buyer and seller, this thread has become akin to beating a dead horse?
Absolutely, 100% yes. But I would rather beat that horse than allow the thread to be pulled into fantasy land. Little help?

Old 05-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #312
hhmoore
Help? Of what type?
Are you seriously asking us to step in against people that simply don't share your point of view?
You refer to Kevin S as a troll, and have reported some of his posts....please explain the difference between his activity on this thread, and your own. Just kidding, I get it - he's a troll, you are simply passionate about your opinion.
Both "sides" are welcome to their opinions...and this is a pretty good discussion topic. I do tend to think that the current discussion has run its course unless the buyer and/or seller resume participation; but as long as things stay relevant to the topic, there's not really any moderation required.

(On a personal level; I will add that perhaps this discussion might be better pursued generically in General Business.)

Old 05-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #313
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Anybody else think that, in the absence of participation from the buyer and seller, this thread has become akin to beating a dead horse?
I don't currently have anything pressing to do.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #314
DesertRat73
I love a good debate, actually, and have no problem with differing opinions so long as they are on topic. The topic here is based on facts of stated circumstance by both parties, not pie in the sky supposition. If this were a "what if this or that" thread I'd have no issue at all with Kevin skipping down the yellow brick road, but this isn't that kind of thread is it.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #315
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat73 View Post
I love a good debate, actually, and have no problem with differing opinions so long as they are on topic. The topic here is based on facts of stated circumstance by both parties, not pie in the sky supposition. If this were a "what if this or that" thread I'd have no issue at all with Kevin skipping down the yellow brick road, but this isn't that kind of thread is it.

Funny description of his opinions.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #316
DesertRat73
Quote:
people that simply don't share your point of view?
And just so it's clear. I do share his point of view. It's just not relevant.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #317
DesertRat73
We aim to please, Deborah! lol

Old 05-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #318
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Why? Because there was no fraud involved, and if Xavier had lost the animal, from his breeding, feeding, etc, it would have been on him and we wouldn't be here. However, the buyer was aware of these issues, youth, breeding, etc (that you just pointed out) and assumed responsibility when he purchased the animal.

The fact of the matter (IMO) is that when dealing with live entities there is no guarantee. The buyer can not be held responsible for selling an OUTWARDLY healthy animal unless PRIOR illness can be proven.

Personally, I would not spend that kind of money on an animal that was bred before being shipped to me. I am also leery about buying grown animals, because there's really no way to know how many times the animal has been bred, whether there were ever any complications and how old the animal actually is. Personally, I prefer to raise my own hatchlings to prevent these kinds of outcomes where possible. Purchasing hatchlings gives the buyer time, and opportunity for de-stressing, observing the health, and quarantining the animal.

We are not keeping the parties from working out anything, but the buyer really screwed his case by:

1. Being caught in untruths, fabrications, exaggerations
2. Not quarantining
3. Not having possession of the animal

Thus unless the report proves a pre-existing condition, he's out of luck.

I don't think it can be any more simple than that.

BTW: I was going to leave the "Power-feeding" implication alone, but wanted to mention that it's not unusual for a yearling to reach those weights without power-feeding.
I decided that I may need to provide evidence of this claim. Below is a 9 month old male from MagickalMorphs (Shadera) he's empty.

This boy has been on F/t since I got him, eats about every two weeks, but sometimes, he will get a spare that someone else rejected, and sometimes he will accept it. Let the picture speak for itself:
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!